Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #516
Question about Danby Refrigerator

I, for the life of me, cannot find the thermostat control knob for my Danby Designer compact refrigerator that is housed in an outside compartment in my new 2014 Thor Windsport. I have a thermometer inside the refrigerator that holds steady at 48 degrees but I would like for it to be a bit cooler. The owner's manual says it should be on the ceiling inside the refrigerator but I promise you it is not there. Thor's tech hotline put me on hold for 30 minutes. . Danby told me the manual is wrong and it is on the back of the unit. I took out the screws holding the front of the refrigerator down but can't get to the back. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
We needed another small freezer a couple years back. I bought a 5 cubic ft. Danby. I had a question on something and the store where I purchased it couldn't help, so I called Danby. They were very helpful, and answered all my questions satisfactorily. So I guess based on my experiences with them, I would intend to go with what they said.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #3

THOR #516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
We needed another small freezer a couple years back. I bought a 5 cubic ft. Danby. I had a question on something and the store where I purchased it couldn't help, so I called Danby. They were very helpful, and answered all my questions satisfactorily. So I guess based on my experiences with them, I would intend to go with what they said.
Thanks Lloyd. The rep I talked with seemed to know his stuff. I just can't figure out why they would fasten the refrigerator down where I can't get to it and make it impossible to change the control setting.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
I think there is a lot of people that scratch their head over some of the things that are done on these RVs by the design people.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Not sure if this will help, but I have a Miramar 34.2, with the ext kitchen. I too have the Danby refrigerator mounted outside. I also was wondering about the temp control.

While searching for the control panel for the LINC wireless remote, I stumbled upon the temp control for the fridge. On the Miramar, it is located under the bed, I had removed the thin wood cover, over the electrical stuff. All the way at the head of the bed, under this cover was the back side of the Danby fridge, and that's were that temp control knob is located. The only way to adjust the temp is to remove 6 or 8 screws, lift this thin cover and reach way back under the bed to adjust the temp!!!! I'm not the smallest fella around the campfire, I had to twist and contort to get back there.

I removed the screws from cover and put a couple of pieces of Velcro down, so I can more easily remove the cover to access the temp control!!

On a side note, I never did find the control panel for the LINC wireless remote, the dealer speculated that THOR never mounted the panel!!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #6

THOR #516
Thanks so much. I took an inside panel off near the bed and found the temperature control knob on the top of the back of the refrigerator. It is hidden pretty good.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
It never ceases to amaze me how some mfg. set their product up. Without ever considering how it might impact the consumer.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #8

THOR #835
We just bought a new Miramar and while we were driving the refrigerator door popped open a coupe of times. Is there some way to secure the door? We use to have a hurricane and the door snapped shut tightly, but this one closes just like a house refrig.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #9

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Are you referring to the outside fridge or the inside fridge?? Never had a problem with the Danby fridge located outside. However, the indoor fridge on the other hand, mine came with a thumb screw, approx 3 to 4 inches in length. That screw must be in while driving. If not, while rounding a sharp corner, the fridge door will pop open, depositing your content onto the floor.

That screw hole is between the freezer door and the fridge door, once in place, it prevents both doors from opening.

Hope this helps
Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #10

THOR #835
Thank you, I see the hole. Perhaps the screw is in my Thor bag, I will look for it.��