Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
pdi for Vegas

Hi, we just joined this forum today. We've been reading the posts about the Vegas/axis. Looks like most owners are very happy with it.

We saw one at an rv show and thought it would be perfect for us, the Vegas 24.1 (2015) We're downsizing from a 36 ft motorhome.

We just need to finalize the deal.

We were hoping some owners could tell us what to watch out for at the walk-thru. We read about the mud flaps, so we know to ask about that. We also want to know how to hook up the satellite.

Is there anything you wished you had asked at your pdi, or something we should definitely ask?

Any help appreciated.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The simplest advice is to just have the dealer go through every system with you. Turn everything on/off, run it. Run every faucet, have them show you how to winterize it, run the water heater, etc. Everything. Even make them check the tire pressure on all 6 tires while you watch. Have them show you where the batteries are, where the oil filler is (even if you don't intend to change the oil yourself).

Our dealer was pretty thorough going through everything (even had me watch them re-winterize it after the PDI).

In another thread here it was even mentioned that you should spend the night camping in the dealers lot if they will let you. Since you are in IL and it is January that may get to be a tad bit cold! (Although you would test out the heated tanks and furnace.)

Enjoy...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1460
Congrats on the purchase.

1) Hook up the sewer compartment
2) Operate the overheadbunk ( ours worked with or without key)
3) Windshield Wipers and washer (Ours had fuses blown)
4) Speaking of fuses there are 4 sets (have the dealer show you) Under fridge, drivers pedal area, engine compartment, left front exterior compartment). The manual does not tell you what is where.
5) Ensure all tires valve extensions operate properly (replaced one)
6) have water ready to go, sinks flow, water pump works, toilet flush, hot water gets hot on gas/then electric. (ours made a noise, fixed quickly)
7) HDMI works on outside TV and location of hookup for RCA/HDMI cable)
8) Recall on step completed

That should get you started, if you have any more questions I will be checking in to see if I can help.

Good Luck
Old 01-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #4

THOR #1448
Thanks for the good advice. Good point about the fuses. Our last rig had fuses all over the place.
Also, I didn't realize there was a recall on the steps.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:32 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #1327
We just picked up our 2015 Axis in late December and had prepared a list of items for the dealer to check prior to delivery. Prior to our buying plane tickets, I spoke to the Service/Delivery technician and reviewed the list. Then upon arrival, we spent 3-4 hours walking through the entire unit and double checked many of the other items already mentioned. I am sure once we use the RV extensively, there will be items we misse. If you PM me, I can send you my list of 37 items I had them check.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:08 AM   #6

THOR #1448
evergreen49, I pm'd you.