Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2021, 10:24 PM   #1

State: Arkansas
THOR #18157
Lippert Error Code

I have a 2019 Challenge(r) 37tb. I had to put it in the shop for repairs to the overhead bunk at a local dealership and got it back this morning. Somewhere along the way, someone at the dealership killed the chassis battery and we had to jump start it.
When we got back to the garage I noticed the slide out Lippert control box, which is located in the cargo hold where the power line is, was flashing one green light (motor one) and 9 red (hall ground something or other). I called Lippert and got a very technical advisor who tried to be helpful but he must have thought he was talking to someone who understood electrical stuff. I don’t.
I pulled the power to the controller and reconnected. I made sure all the electrical and plugs were in tight and nothing. Still flashing the same code.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 04-24-2021, 12:19 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
On the control box are instructions to reset..mine failed and replaced 1 motor because a wire was pulled
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
If the slide is working fine then Double tab your extend or retract button. Light will most likely stop flashing

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:37 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
/
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospy6364 View Post
I have a 2019 Challenge(r) 37tb. I had to put it in the shop for repairs to the overhead bunk at a local dealership and got it back this morning. Somewhere along the way, someone at the dealership killed the chassis battery and we had to jump start it.
When we got back to the garage I noticed the slide out Lippert control box, which is located in the cargo hold where the power line is, was flashing one green light (motor one) and 9 red (hall ground something or other). I called Lippert and got a very technical advisor who tried to be helpful but he must have thought he was talking to someone who understood electrical stuff. I don’t.
I pulled the power to the controller and reconnected. I made sure all the electrical and plugs were in tight and nothing. Still flashing the same code.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Most probably the control cable from the controller to one of the motors has chafed on one of the tracks. The cable run from the controller up the inside walls adjacent to the slide and can only be accessed is the slide's surround is removed, The controller cannot determine which cable is the problem and only shows one green light. Of course you could have a bad Hall effect sensor but that is not as likely as a chafed cable. here is the way to override all the controller's safety features.

Electronic Manual Override
1. Locate the controller.
2. Press the "mode button" six times quickly. Press and hold a seventh time for approximately five
seconds (Fig. 8).
3. The red and green LED lights will begin to flash, confirming the override mode.
4. Release mode button.
5. Use the normal slide-out control switch to extend the room.
Note: If wall switch is not pushed within 60 seconds of entering the electronic manual override mode, the
controller will revert to normal operating mode. No action is required to return to normal operating
mode.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:02 AM   #5

State: Washington
THOR #6433
If it worked fine before and the only thing that happened was the battery went dead. Try what was said before just try and reset it. I just had this same problem and as soon as I plugged it into shore power it stopped flashing.