Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thor model numbering system?

Is there a standard Thor uses for numbering or naming the different models?

Being mainly interested in the Axis/Vegas, I noticed the 24.1 and 24.2 models are shorter at between 25 and 26 feet in length. The 25.1 and 25.2 are between 26 and 27 feet in length. Is this accidental or by design. And are almost all models longer than their designation would suggest?

I'm curious because if I was told the next model would be a 25.3, does that imply it will likely be in the 26 to 27 foot range also?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Is there a standard Thor uses for numbering or naming the different models?

Being mainly interested in the Axis/Vegas, I noticed the 24.1 and 24.2 models are shorter at between 25 and 26 feet in length. The 25.1 and 25.2 are between 26 and 27 feet in length. Is this accidental or by design. And are almost all models longer than their designation would suggest?

I'm curious because if I was told the next model would be a 25.3, does that imply it will likely be in the 26 to 27 foot range also?
Normally the first two number denote the length of the interior living area. Any numbers or letters that follow represent the floor plan within that length. for example the .1 and .2 are different floor plans in the 24 foot coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thanks Dave -- that makes sense. I had noticed lengths were about 1-ft different from model number but other times more. Based on interior length I now see that rear slides are not included -- measurements must be with rear slide retracted.