Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
I will have to say, so far I have been pretty happy with Thor warranty. I have had a bunch of issues (motor home is back at camping world now getting warranty work) but Thor has come through every time. They even reimbursed me for a part that I paid to have replaced. When I first got our motor home, the kitchen window leaked. One night during a rain storm, water came in the window and water pooled on the kitchen countertop. The water ran down the side of the countertop towards the front door and water got into my multiplex panel/switch. I dried the switch for a few days and re-installed it. It worked for about a month and then died. Instead of calling Thor, I called the manufacture and they sent me a new switch. They had me send the old one back and called me a few weeks later and said they couldn't warranty the switch because it had water damage. I explained what had happened and they told me to call Thor, which I did. In the mean time, I had to pay the manufacturer for the part.

I called Thor and explained that the damage was caused by the leaking window (which had since been fixed). The customer care person said to send the invoice and he would see if he could get me reimbursed. A few weeks later I had a check in the mail.

Although the motor home should have been put together better, I have been really pleased with Thor warranty and also with Thor customer care. Once I get all the bugs out, I am hoping that the calls to Thor customer service will diminish!

Old 06-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcrawfish View Post
My friend, this is why I will NEVER purchase a new RV. Let someone else take it through the warranty process and let me enjoy camping.
But think of all the fun that you are missing out on!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
You're dealing with three groups of people here...factory workers who can get a job in Elkhart anywhere without even completing an application...Thor Customer Service people who are charged with standing behind a product and assuring their customer are taken care of, as they know how that relates to future sales (it's all they do)...and Thirdly, you have a dealer network that's as close to "buy here, pay here" used car sales tactics as you can get (for the most part) and could care less about you after you write the check and drive off the lot. The only people that WILL listen is Thor Customer Service and they have to account for all the others. My experience, although I have no issues thus far, is Thor went out of their way to get my business and every communication from them so far as been a straight forward commitment to make anything that MIGHT go wrong...right!! There's always a third half of every story that never gets told.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #24

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
But think of all the fun that you are missing out on!

I didn't want to purchase new. I wanted to purchase a 2-3 year old used model that already had the bugs worked out. But after 3 years of looking at tons of motorhomes, we saw a Miramar 35.3 at the Tampa RV show and knew that was the perfect floorplan for us. They had only been making that model for 3 model years and I only found 1 used one on the market for almost new price.

Even know I knew I would spend the first year getting the bugs out, knowing about it and actually going through getting the bugs out are two different things! I am tired of taking the RV back to the dealership but I am down to only one issue. Hopefully it will get addressed.

I agree with the above poster about the Thor customer care. I would hate to have their jobs as I can only guess how many unhappy owners they have to deal with. Sometimes they are caught between a rock and a hard place. Having to deal with a RV that was built with issues and a dealership that doesn't want to work with them. Several times I have called Thor because the dealer said they were waiting on Thor to approve work only to have Thor tell me they hadn't heard from the dealer about any work.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It always seems as if you're calling Thor; to see if the Dealership is telling you the truth!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #26

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcpe View Post
I disagree that Thor knows our coaches best. Called yesterday to get som help trying to figure out where the power cane from fo my seemingly dead furnace. The tech in the phone krpt telling me to check things that don't exist on my Quantum. She kept insisting items such as the refer, and ither layout items were in other locations than where they physixally are.

After considerable time with her, she informed me she could no longer help me try to diagnose my issue, as i was out of warranty....by 16 days. Huh?

Have a mobil tech coming out today. Hope he can figure out my dead furnace, with no power.
Remember - the person on the phone is not the tech working on coaches. There are a lot of coaches all made by Thor. The person on the phone has "general" knowledge. It is like calling your dealership for your car - they cannot diagnose over the phone. You have to take it in to the dealer. Thor only makes the "box" all the components come in. The components are manufactured by various manufacturers. Expecting Thor to know exactly what is happening with a furnace, frig, A/c, etc on a phone line is like asking the general contractor who built your house what is wrong with your dishwasher in your house. From my experience they do a fairly good job of answering my dumb questions when I have called. I did have an issue with my Atwood heater they were not able to help with. I called mobile service tech who diagnosed issue and taught me a lot about the unit so I can now troubleshoot my own issues.

Most of my issues have come once I take it to the dealer....... The techs there are not the best........ Agian - Thor doesn't control those.