Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Greetings Sports Fans

I posted this on the new members area but wanted to say hello to the DRV brothers and sisters.

Well I came here for advice and ended up saving money. I took everyone's advice and ordered my 2020 Houston from Rolling Retreats and Alicia is the best. We should pick up our rig late September. That will give me until Christmas to add my solar (2000 watts of solar and 800 AH of Battle Born Lithium) and take a few shake down trips before we hit the road for a year. We plan to leave Georgia after Christmas and head to Alaska looking to arrive by June 1st 2020. Wish us luck as we set out on our new journey in the RV world.

Our truck is off being built as well so looking forward to my new hauler at the end of July.

Mike and Sherri
Attached Thumbnails
__________________

__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,446
THOR #1658
Sweet. Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a good handle on things.
__________________

__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 265
THOR #3221
Congratulations!!!! I LOVE that truck!!!

Let the adventure begin!

Dan
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38rssa
State: Alaska
Posts: 184
THOR #8691
Is that a 5500?
__________________
2017 F350 CC 4x4 DRW Lariat 4.10
2018 MS 38rssa
f350ms38rssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 265
THOR #3221
Sure is a 5500, that's what it says on the side of the truck in THAT picture anyway.

Dan
__________________
dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 307
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by E12CHENG View Post
I posted this on the new members area but wanted to say hello to the DRV brothers and sisters.

Well I came here for advice and ended up saving money. I took everyone's advice and ordered my 2020 Houston from Rolling Retreats and Alicia is the best. We should pick up our rig late September. That will give me until Christmas to add my solar (2000 watts of solar and 800 AH of Battle Born Lithium) and take a few shake down trips before we hit the road for a year. We plan to leave Georgia after Christmas and head to Alaska looking to arrive by June 1st 2020. Wish us luck as we set out on our new journey in the RV world.

Our truck is off being built as well so looking forward to my new hauler at the end of July.

Mike and Sherri
Attached Thumbnails
Sounds like a good plan!

We have a 2019 39DBRS3, the baby Houston.

Currently have 1800 watts on the roof and 6 Battleborns, with room for a few more if I desire to spend more money.

I put my battereis in the front closet and opened up the space in the basement.

If I was to order again, knowing what I know now, I would still do the 3000 inverter but delete the batteries. Move the inverter and have some pre wiring done.

BTW, unless RR makes a change, DRV does not wire the big inverter correctly to be the most efficient arrangement.

Nice truck as well.

Waiting for the 2020 Fords to come online.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2011 F-350
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 307
THOR #9431
And if you can, have Alicia insist on the new style scare lights. The LED version is the same as the reverse light.

Looks better, more modern and won't rust like the antiquated big circle lights they are using.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2011 F-350
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome. The photo of the truck is from the Utility Bodywerks Utility Bodywerks - Horse RV Truck Haulers & Sales - Homeweb site. They are doing the modifications on my 3500 Ram. a real joy working with these folks. Having some really cool modifications done on the truck. Adding a 4 link 4 bag air suspension on the rear and 2 bags on the front. Onboard air compressor and storage tank to keep the rig's tires air up. Trailer saver hitch with 3 bags. Should have the truck back by the end of July. I will post updated photos when it returns. It was sad day when they picked up my truck.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1975.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	18078
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
Sounds like a good plan!

We have a 2019 39DBRS3, the baby Houston.

Currently have 1800 watts on the roof and 6 Battleborns, with room for a few more if I desire to spend more money.

I put my battereis in the front closet and opened up the space in the basement.

If I was to order again, knowing what I know now, I would still do the 3000 inverter but delete the batteries. Move the inverter and have some pre wiring done.

BTW, unless RR makes a change, DRV does not wire the big inverter correctly to be the most efficient arrangement.

Nice truck as well.

Waiting for the 2020 Fords to come online.
I worry about power for the fridg as we plan on a lot of boon docking. After working 24x7 for 40 years it is time for some peace and quite. Not sure where I will put the batteries but the Houston should give us some room to work with.
Thinking I will upside the inverter when I install the solar. Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38rssa
State: Alaska
Posts: 184
THOR #8691
How much for a tow body for that dodge, been thinking about one for my 17 ford.
__________________
2017 F350 CC 4x4 DRW Lariat 4.10
2018 MS 38rssa
f350ms38rssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,277
THOR #1661
Is she adding the Commercial 240V option I came up with ?

__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Is she adding the Commercial 240V option I came up with ?

Yes the 6.5 kw generator and 220 for the dryer
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350ms38rssa View Post
How much for a tow body for that dodge, been thinking about one for my 17 ford.
Just the tow body is 17k.
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38rssa
State: Alaska
Posts: 184
THOR #8691
Quote:
Originally Posted by E12CHENG View Post
Just the tow body is 17k.


Is that including installation?
__________________
2017 F350 CC 4x4 DRW Lariat 4.10
2018 MS 38rssa
f350ms38rssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
Yes fully installed
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
Posts: 236
THOR #2053
If you leave Georgia after Christmas heading north you better drive real slow. You won't like the weather north of 40d until late, late April. Good luck

Bill
__________________
If you are afraid to speak the truth out of fear of what others may think, it says a lot about who you are and what you will settle for.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Georgia
Posts: 10
THOR #15345
slow trip west on I 10 until we hit Tucson then some deserts the canyons.
__________________
E12CHENG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:14 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,277
THOR #1661
How about backup lights, my design also. DRV ran the wire to the back but Slade picked out some nice backup lights and installed them.

How about all 3 lights work on each side all the time.

__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 307
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by E12CHENG View Post
Yes fully installed
Who are you using for the bed?

I haven’t found an aluminum hauler bed for less then 20k
__________________
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 307
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
How about backup lights, my design also. DRV ran the wire to the back but Slade picked out some nice backup lights and installed them.

How about all 3 lights work on each side all the time.

DRV stopped doing the Frenched in rear side lights and now uses a high mounted LED, which works pretty good.
__________________

__________________
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2