Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2019, 04:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Water Intrusion

If anyone has had water intrusion issues with their DRV, please send me a PM. Id like to talk to you.
__________________

__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,287
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
If anyone has had water intrusion issues with their DRV, please send me a PM. Id like to talk to you.
Whet are you having it? With the slide floors?
__________________

__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Whet are you having it? With the slide floors?
I've already documented my extensive rotten slide floor issue. Just wanting to see how many other DRV owners are willing to come forward and discuss their water issues.
__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:37 AM   #4
Member
 
Hikes in Rain's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 86
THOR #5584
Discovered fairly recently I have floor damage due to a ripped slide seal I didn't realize I had. The flooding did kind of tip me off, as did the frog that made itself at home. And the mushroom that sprouted between the rear wall and floor. It goes in the shop next Friday for a month or so. They tell me the slide has to be removed to get to all the floor boards. *sigh*
__________________
2015 Thor ACE 27.1
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Hikes in Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: MSA 40
State: North Dakota
Posts: 24
THOR #10945
When they make the repair, what do they change to prevent this from happening again? There are a lot of people with rotted floor issues, and have been for quite a few years back, but nothing seems to change. I am having trouble understanding this.

Dave
__________________
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #6
Member
 
Hikes in Rain's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 86
THOR #5584
All new seals, in my case. Since they're pretty much dismantling the thing, I'd think they'd end up damaging them enough to do that anyway.
__________________
2015 Thor ACE 27.1
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Hikes in Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:58 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain View Post
Discovered fairly recently I have floor damage due to a ripped slide seal I didn't realize I had. The flooding did kind of tip me off, as did the frog that made itself at home. And the mushroom that sprouted between the rear wall and floor. It goes in the shop next Friday for a month or so. They tell me the slide has to be removed to get to all the floor boards. *sigh*
Is this a DRV Mobile Suite or Elite Suite or another Thor Brand? I'm specifically asking about DRV's with water issues. Thanks, though.
__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,287
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I've already documented my extensive rotten slide floor issue. Just wanting to see how many other DRV owners are willing to come forward and discuss their water issues.
I must have missed it or did recognize your screen name over the many threads with this issue. I have a little rot on two of my slides. I watch it like a hawk. One thing that I have noticed over the past two months, that has not been said. Is I also think there is a thermal break problem happening. My bed slide floor gets wet when it is cold outside. I do not have a washer drier and have had those water lines cut off for 3 1/2 years at the water manifold. So my water lines are not leaking. I now keep a fan in that closet to increase air circulation. It seems to have really helped. And this does not even address the caulk issue that is the big elephant in the room.
What is it that you want to discuss about it?
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #9
Member
 
Hikes in Rain's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 86
THOR #5584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Is this a DRV Mobile Suite or Elite Suite or another Thor Brand? I'm specifically asking about DRV's with water issues. Thanks, though.

Had to look that up, since I don't speak acronym. Didn't realize it was to be a discussion about a specific unit. Sorry.
__________________
2015 Thor ACE 27.1
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Hikes in Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
wingnut60's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
State: Texas
Posts: 521
THOR #3109
Hey, not a problem--when anyone mentions wet/rotted floors, all us DRV owners perk up...and, apparently, lots of us are all suffering from Thoritis.
__________________
2015 38RSSA now it's our home
2005 36TK3--retired, but it was a good one
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:22 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I must have missed it or did recognize your screen name over the many threads with this issue. I have a little rot on two of my slides. I watch it like a hawk. One thing that I have noticed over the past two months, that has not been said. Is I also think there is a thermal break problem happening. My bed slide floor gets wet when it is cold outside. I do not have a washer drier and have had those water lines cut off for 3 1/2 years at the water manifold. So my water lines are not leaking. I now keep a fan in that closet to increase air circulation. It seems to have really helped. And this does not even address the caulk issue that is the big elephant in the room.
What is it that you want to discuss about it?
I'm gathering information on the number of owners and the type of water intrusion issues. I would rather not openly discuss it further here. If you care to, send me a PM with your E-mail and I'll contact you.
__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,287
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I'm gathering information on the number of owners and the type of water intrusion issues. I would rather not openly discuss it further here. If you care to, send me a PM with your E-mail and I'll contact you.
Will do.

What if you start a poll? And make it so you can see who voted? Sending you a PM.
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 260
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I'm gathering information on the number of owners and the type of water intrusion issues. I would rather not openly discuss it further here. If you care to, send me a PM with your E-mail and I'll contact you.
What was or is your clue to having a water intrusion issue?
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2011 F-350
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Will do.

What if you start a poll? And make it so you can see who voted? Sending you a PM.
Replied to your PM, thanks.
If I knew how to do a poll I would.... I'm not that forum savvy.
__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
Posts: 146
THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
What was or is your clue to having a water intrusion issue?
Duane, This is Jim Roach from the HDT group. We didn't know we had an issue on the slide floor until we took off the lower fender panel to replace it. From the top, it looked fine, from the bottom there were no ripples. It wasn't we exposed the edge that it became obvious.
__________________
A&J
2017 Mobile Suite Memphis
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: New Jersey
Posts: 260
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Duane, This is Jim Roach from the HDT group. We didn't know we had an issue on the slide floor until we took off the lower fender panel to replace it. From the top, it looked fine, from the bottom there were no ripples. It wasn't we exposed the edge that it became obvious.
OK, thought it might be you. In 15 years of RV'ing I never worried about this stuff until 7 months ago.
And the "just keep up on the caulk" is out of hand.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2011 F-350
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,287
THOR #1658
I posted a poll for you in another thread. And also linked this thread in it. Hope this helps see some number and information at a quick glance.

Water intrusion poll
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:19 AM   #18
MnP
Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
Posts: 45
THOR #2069
Paul Cross told me he had probably done 60 slide floors of various brands last October when I was there. At the time I was there he had 3 DRVs on the lot with rotten slide floors (one of them mine). Kay told me that most of the slide floors are manufactured by one vendor and all brands of RVs are having issues. This industry needs some regulation and some oversight on the consolidation that is/has taken place in the industry. The lack of quality in the build process and materials supplied by vendors borders on criminal intent.
__________________
Mike
2014 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3
2018 Ram 3500 Dually, Auto Level Air Ride, Aisin 3.73
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,287
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
Paul Cross told me he had probably done 60 slide floors of various brands last October when I was there. At the time I was there he had 3 DRVs on the lot with rotten slide floors (one of them mine). Kay told me that most of the slide floors are manufactured by one vendor and all brands of RVs are having issues. This industry needs some regulation and some oversight on the consolidation that is/has taken place in the industry. The lack of quality in the build process and materials supplied by vendors borders on criminal intent.
The floor itself could prop only be improved, but the larger issue is making sure they are sealed up where water does not get to them. Thanks for taking to poll on the new thread.
__________________
2016 DRV 38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear

If you have nothing constructive or nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Any other reply will show your true colors.
rynosback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,202
THOR #1661
From the pics I have seen the plywood is delaminating, not rotting. PIZZ POOR quality glue from the plywood manufacturer.
__________________

__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2