Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
New Thor Vegas Owner

Hello everyone. My wife Nancy and I just completed the purchase of a new 2016 Thor Vegas 25.3 from Paul Sherry RVs in Piqua, Ohio. We are not newbies though as this is our third Class A. We traded a 1999 Pace Arrow 37 footer. We are downsizing as it is just the two of us now and we don't really need that large coach anymore.

We pickup our new unit next week, and are planning a month-long trip to California (from Kentucky) just after the Christmas holidays. Hope to get to know you through the Forum, and hopefully meet face-to-face with many of you in the future.

2016 Thor Motor Coach Vegas 25.3 Class A Gas Piqua, OH Paul Sherry RV

"I refuse to get old...I'm just gonna age like fine bourbon."

Old 11-26-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:54 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip to CA!
Old 11-26-2016, 12:54 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Congrats and welcome.

There are some terrific folks on this board.

P.S. Get a wheel alignment before you take delivery. This is an issue on all RUVs...well documented.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:17 AM   #5

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of information and great people here. Please wave if you see me on the road.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:17 AM   #6

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new coach. You'll find lots of great folks here to answer questions and provide helpful hints.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:38 AM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!

We traded our 33' Class A to Paul Sherry in 2015 for a 2016 25.2, and they were great to work with. We did our PDI in the afternoon, then moved our stuff from the old coach to the new after business hours. They have spots to hook up, but they are inside their locked fence.

They did a thorough PDI, and I had a PDI checklist which kept them from missing anything. Pay attention to their instructions on how to access warranty repairs from Thor. We had some minor issues, some I could fix with parts they sent, and some that they had to help me find a dealer willing to fit me in.

Our coach drives better after the alignment, try to do that once you get the coach loaded like you travel and before your big trip. Happy trails!
Old 11-27-2016, 03:49 AM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. VEGAS 25.2 owner and we are loving it.

The folks here on the forum have been able to give us advice and information (even when THOR couldn't)

Have fun, and safe travels.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:16 AM   #9

THOR #6005
Thanks for the welcome...and the advice!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome...and for the advice regarding a front end alignment on the new unit....that is not something I would have ever thought about. Should I have Paul Sherry do that prior to delivery, or should I wait until I've driven the coach a bit? Cost?

Old 11-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome...and for the advice regarding a front end alignment on the new unit....that is not something I would have ever thought about. Should I have Paul Sherry do that prior to delivery, or should I wait until I've driven the coach a bit? Cost?

I have yet to have an alignment in our Vegas. No need so far!
Welcome and congratulations.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #11

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post

Alignment is best done loaded for travel. You can ask Paul Sherry. but they would have to drive it somewhere for alignment, and it wouldn't be ideal without being loaded.

We had 2 or 3 thousand miles on ours when I had it aligned. I thought it drove OK without alignment, but found it much improved after. Money well spent. Before you spend anything on suspension modifications, have the coach aligned. The raw chassis may be properly aligned, but the added weight changes the dynamic.

You will need to find a shop that can handle trucks. It cost me around $160 at Josams in Orlando, arguably the best in the country. Some have had luck getting Ford to reimburse the cost. Others, no luck with that.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #12

THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

Alignment is best done loaded for travel. You can ask Paul Sherry. but they would have to drive it somewhere for alignment, and it wouldn't be ideal without being loaded.

We had 2 or 3 thousand miles on ours when I had it aligned. I thought it drove OK without alignment, but found it much improved after. Money well spent. Before you spend anything on suspension modifications, have the coach aligned. The raw chassis may be properly aligned, but the added weight changes the dynamic.

You will need to find a shop that can handle trucks. It cost me around $160 at Josams in Orlando, arguably the best in the country. Some have had luck getting Ford to reimburse the cost. Others, no luck with that.
Thanks Mr. Sunshine for the advice...we've decided to take a short shake-down trip to Florida before heading out to California, so an alignment in Orlando would work out great. Do you have contact info for Josams?

Old 11-28-2016, 02:36 AM   #13

THOR #1589
Here's their phone: 407-438-7020
Here's their website: Home
Old 11-28-2016, 03:06 AM   #14