Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2017, 01:30 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
You may find this interesting… you may wish to read the PR release dated today on the Thor website. Here is a quote from a portion of it.....

"Mr. Martin added, "We increased production in the first half of fiscal 2017, which is typically a slower seasonal period, to respond to the high demand. We continue to make progress in expanding our production capacity, including expansion projects announced at Keystone, Jayco and Heartland, which should begin to ramp up over the remainder of fiscal 2017 and into fiscal 2018. The investments we are making in expanding our production facilities will position us well for long-term growth, which is a consistent focus of our strategic plan."

....It sounds like a higher demand than expected.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #22

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
airforceret and Neil I guess we're forced to play the waiting game!
Airforceret - I also have a trip planned for the first of April but it looks like I may be rescheduling! Fortunately I'm retired and my schedule is fairly flexible. But it looks like I won't be making it to Savannah to spend time with my nephew while he's out on spring break!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #23
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
The customer service rep at Thor told me that the unit was built for the dealer not for the individual! So from that I guess the dealer is the only one with access to information about its assembly.
I agree that there does seem to be some disparity between the brands. Maybe the Axis isn't rated as highly as some of the more expensive models!
I have a Windsport on order and have the vin. provided by the dealer. I called Thor to get an update to get an ETA. When they realized I was the retail customer and not the dealer they told me to go through the dealer. I did manage to get out of them my unit was still in production. Impression I got was they were not happy with retail customers calling to inquire about their coach's status.

Kev
Old 03-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #24

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
airforceret and Neil I guess we're forced to play the waiting game!
Airforceret - I also have a trip planned for the first of April but it looks like I may be rescheduling! Fortunately I'm retired and my schedule is fairly flexible. But it looks like I won't be making it to Savannah to spend time with my nephew while he's out on spring break!
I'm retired Air Force, but I haven't permanently retired yet. Unfortunately my schedule is not flexible and we are meeting up with the kids to be with them and our grandbaby. We also paid for many of our reservations in advance when they were originally booked.

I just go to work every day hoping I'll get a message with some realistic news. I think I'd have been happier if they were honest up front about how long it might take. If orders are first in / first out and an average production
ratio is used you should be able to reasonably predict a production schedule. Good luck with getting your delivery soon!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:31 AM   #25

Model: 2017 Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #5645
Count Your Blessings

My Windsport 34J came in about 8 weeks after I ordered it but the cabinets and the exterior color scheme were not what I ordered. Local CW folks sent the right order but the Southeastern Thor rep (whom I never heard from) screwed it up. Local CW folks went above and beyond to find a replacement (with no help from Thor) which took another month. When it finally came in it had a ridiculously long list of stupid, messed up stuff that should have never gotten past QA - oops, I forgot, Thor doesn't have any QA. So then I filled the fresh-water tank just to find that it leaked. Long story short - it's still sitting at CW waiting for a fresh-water tank that apparently has to be fabricated from scratch on another planet. It's simply amazing to me that Thor has absolutely no pride in what they build or no care for what their customers think. They'll pay for that from this customer - I have several friends retiring soon who will buy RVs and I guarantee you they won't get anything that Thor makes. Thanx
Old 03-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #26

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
WarEagleDan it's stories like yours that make me cringe! The fact that yours is not an isolated case is especially frightening!
As anxious as I am to receive my MH the very last thing I want is for it to be "pushed" through in an effort to clear the assembly line!
I hope your problems get resolved soon!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #27
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleDan
I have several friends retiring soon who will buy RVs and I guarantee you they won't get anything that Thor makes.
Sadly they won't find it much better with any other manufacturer.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #28

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Sadly they won't find it much better with any other manufacturer.
Do you suppose manufacturers that include a 5- or 6-year warranty have as many problems on average as those that offer 1 year?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Do you suppose manufacturers that include a 5- or 6-year warranty have as many problems on average as those that offer 1 year?
Presumably a manufacturer offering a 5 or 6 year warranty is more likely to stand behind their product (and are more confident that their manufacturing processes produce less problems).
Haven't checked, are there any that offer that long of a warranty (other than, perhaps, Roadtrek--of course 6 years unlimited miles).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote