Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
axis and magne shade?

2016 axis 25-2. i installed my magne shade a few days ago and really like it.what i need to know from someone that also has one is how do you store it till next time you need it?do you roll it up, fold it, or just wad it up and stuff it in lower compartment? thanks Jerry
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 7,685
THOR #1150
I don't have a magne shade but I do have a shade for the front window. Ours came with a vinyl tube to store it in. I roll up the front shade along with the two sides and store it in the tube all rolled up and just throw the wiper covers in the storage area.

We have the Sunguard shade.
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,073
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
2016 axis 25-2. i installed my magne shade a few days ago and really like it.what i need to know from someone that also has one is how do you store it till next time you need it?do you roll it up, fold it, or just wad it up and stuff it in lower compartment? thanks Jerry
Just got mine installed. The instructions say NOT to fold, but roll up with the magnets on the OUTSIDE (don't want the magnets to repel each other because it will cause them to lose their attraction power).
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 737
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
2016 axis 25-2. i installed my magne shade a few days ago and really like it.what i need to know from someone that also has one is how do you store it till next time you need it?do you roll it up, fold it, or just wad it up and stuff it in lower compartment? thanks Jerry
Do not fold them. Buy a swimming pool noodle and roll it up using the noodle magnets on the outside.
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,073
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Do not fold them. Buy a swimming pool noodle and roll it up using the noodle magnets on the outside.
Forgot the swimming pool foam noodle instructions there Kev... By the way, the shades look great on our 24.1. Thanks again.
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 AM   #6
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 737
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Forgot the swimming pool foam noodle instructions there Kev... By the way, the shades look great on our 24.1. Thanks again.
Glad the shades worked out for you and you are happy. I think it's a great product. I ordered the windshield shade for the Winsport even though it hasn't arrived yet. In a couple of months I will order the side covers. How about a pic when you get a chance?
Kev
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,073
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Glad the shades worked out for you and you are happy. I think it's a great product. I ordered the windshield shade for the Winsport even though it hasn't arrived yet. In a couple of months I will order the side covers. How about a pic when you get a chance?
Kev
Will do. It is at the dealer getting some last (minor) warranty work done.
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
thanks everyone for your help.took my son and i about 1 hour to install it. moved it out of shop facing the sun for a couple hours. made a difference.
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2