Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
Outside speakers

Finally made it down to Palm Springs. All set up wanted to sit back with a cold one and listen to some tunes out in the sun but can't figure out how to turn on the outside speakers. 2015 Miramar 34.2. Maybe they are just for the outside tv? Any ideas??

Old 02-12-2017, 10:14 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
In my Vegas, the outside speakers are controlled by the rear stereo. There are A and B channels...one for the inside stereo and the other for the outside TV (I think...I haven't actually used yet as just got coach in December).
Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #3

Model: Axis25.2
State: New York
THOR #17645
On my 25.2 outside speakers only connected to rear stereo
Old 02-13-2017, 12:24 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Same here, connected to the rear stereo on the "B" speaker connections
Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
X2 ... rear stereo, speaker B button.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Mine where connected to the rear radio. I removed them as a water intrusion hazard. Put in boat access deck plates for easier wiring access.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 AM   #7

State: North Carolina
THOR #5052
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
X2 ... rear stereo, speaker B button.
Agreed, this is the setting in our Challenger which is similar to the Miramar. Love the Bluetooth option to stream Pandora so I can control the station and volume.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 AM   #8

THOR #5052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird_in_SC View Post
Agreed, this is the setting in our Challenger which is similar to the Miramar. Love the Bluetooth option to stream Pandora so I can control the station and volume.
Forgot to add, the external speakers are not connected to the external TV. This makes no sense to me and this forum answered that question for me. I would love to hear a solution to solve for this if anyone has figured it out.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #9

Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Outside speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird_in_SC View Post
Forgot to add, the external speakers are not connected to the external TV. This makes no sense to me and this forum answered that question for me. I would love to hear a solution to solve for this if anyone has figured it out.
Hi Jbird,

Here is a semi easy fix but it will take fishing a 25 feet of 3.5mm stereo male on both ends. Then you plug one end to the output on outside tv. Then fish it behind fridge, under bunk by reaching up from outside opening if under bunk slide looking up you will see what im talking about. Then remove the drawer under water heater cabinet and drawer under stereo. From there use an extendable car wash stick and feed it towards the bunk and opening mentioned earlier...outside of bunk slide. Pull the speaker wire back to reaer stereo and unscrew the stereo to pull wire out a few inches. This will then plug into the aux.in of the rear stereo. I know...crazy. Then when you want to use the speakers for outside tv you plug the 3.5mm male into the stereo, put into aux mode and your tv sound from outside tv will then come out of the outside speakers. When not using i unplug the 3.5mm from aux in on stereo and valcro on side of stereo. Its works perfect. I had to use 3.5mm plug on the back of the tv since there wasn't rc plugs but my friend with the same coach as I 2016 thor challenger 37tb had rc output plugs. Dont fogrt to zip tie the wire and leave a little extra along the waterlines under the bunk.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Instead of running wires: Just pick up something Like this bluetooth transmitter/receiver. Plug it into the headphone jack of the TV and pair it with the rear radio.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #11

THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Instead of running wires: Just pick up something Like this bluetooth transmitter/receiver. Plug it into the headphone jack of the TV and pair it with the rear radio.
Hi JamieGeek,

Sounds great but unless proven in this coach and works the hardwire does. The reason I say that is that my Bluetooth devices that I pull music from and play thru the Bluetooth stereo in the 37tb honestly sucks. I can be 10 feet away from the outside and it will cutout on the signal. So a outside TV that is 20 feet away from a stereo not sure about. Good advice though. If it wasn't for the outside speakers already screwed into the side of my rv I would just install a bose sound bar and be done but I don't want to waste the outside speakers.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rving2015
Sounds great but unless proven in this coach and works the hardwire does. The reason I say that is that my Bluetooth devices that I pull music from and play thru the Bluetooth stereo in the 37tb honestly sucks. I can be 10 feet away from the outside and it will cutout on the signal. So a outside TV that is 20 feet away from a stereo not sure about. Good advice though. If it wasn't for the outside speakers already screwed into the side of my rv I would just install a bose sound bar and be done but I don't want to waste the outside speakers.
Interesting: I haven't had such a bad experience with Bluetooth. Granted our coach is only 25ft long.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #13

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
It is really odd that it took Thor till at least the 2017.5 model year in the Hurricane to wire the outside TV to the rear stereo that is connected to the outside speakers.

That should have been the second idea, the first idea was adding outside TV and speakers.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #14

THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting: I haven't had such a bad experience with Bluetooth. Granted our coach is only 25ft long.
Yes...really weird. It's like Bermuda triangle interference. My Bluetooth speakers with my phone and tablet works great but connect to the rear stereo location while outside and there is lots of bluetooth interference.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #15

THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
It is really odd that it took Thor till at least the 2017.5 model year in the Hurricane to wire the outside TV to the rear stereo that is connected to the outside speakers.

That should have been the second idea, the first idea was adding outside TV and speakers.
You're absolutely right. Crazy but fixable. I think it's the rv manufacturers way of keeping our brains thinking.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #16

THOR #5052
Thanks JamieGeek and rving2015, both good suggestions. I've experienced limited Bluetooth range as well, but I may try that route first for simplicity sake and test it out.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #17

Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
Thanks all for the reply. You're right the AB switch does send it outside works ok for now but what I was trying to do was get the sound from the dash radio out there as I have Sat radio there now. Will keep working on it.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #18

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
Switch for the speakers in on the left side of radio in bedroom. A is the ones in the bedroom and B is for external ones.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 AM   #19
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by fchabotski View Post
Thanks all for the reply. You're right the AB switch does send it outside works ok for now but what I was trying to do was get the sound from the dash radio out there as I have Sat radio there now. Will keep working on it.
I run Sirius on my iPhone paired through Bluetooth to the rear radio to get it outside. Sometimes I pair the iPad instead of the phone if I am expecting a call. This also allows me to control the volume without having to go in and out.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote