Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Sunshine Thor 2019 Fall Rally

Our history lessons taught us that Ponce de Leon went there searching for the fountain of youth, and it claims to be the oldest city in the US. Relive that youth quest with our Sunshine Thor Rally in historic St Augustine! This will be our 7th semi-annual gathering!

Dates are Wednesday, October 2nd to Sunday, October 6th, four nights. The location will be Compass RV Resort, 1505 State Rd 207, not too far from the old town center. We’re starting earlier in the week so we can see the sites and have plenty of group time over the weekend. We realize some will want to arrive on Friday, and some will arrive earlier and/or stay later.

Our rally rate is $58.50/night and you can extend that rate for a couple of days before, after or both. The park has a 10/9.5/10 Good Sam rating. For reservations, call the park at (904) 824-3574 and ask for Barbara. Others can take your information and deposit, but Barbara is our coordinator.

We booked site 16, and Barbara has placed us near the clubhouse, pool and front entrance. First come, first served for reservations. If you wait until August to make your reservation, you risk being placed farther away from the group. They take a deposit equal to the first night, then balance at check in. Please post or PM me that you are in!

There is a great trolley system in St Augustine, and a shuttle will take you from the campground office to the trolley starting point in the morning and bring you back in the afternoon! Discounted passes available at the campground, are good for 3 days. Best of all, you avoid the hassle and expense of parking.

Details on the Friday evening potluck and Saturday’s agenda will follow later. Like our previous rallies, there is no entertainment or meals provided, but there are no rally fees, either. Come and find out if that “Fountain of Youth” thing is real or just a cruel hoax!

Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Debbie and I will be there!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:43 AM   #3

THOR #1713
Rose Marie and Jerry are looking forward. St. Augustine has been one of our favorite destinations.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 AM   #4

THOR #1713
your name does not have to be Jerry to come.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #5

THOR #4158
Old 05-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Our history lessons taught us that Ponce de Leon went there searching for the fountain of youth, and it claims to be the oldest city in the US. Relive that youth quest with our Sunshine Thor Rally in historic St Augustine! This will be our 7th semi-annual gathering!

Dates are Wednesday, October 2nd to Sunday, October 6th, four nights. The location will be Compass RV Resort, 1505 State Rd 207, not too far from the old town center. We’re starting earlier in the week so we can see the sites and have plenty of group time over the weekend. We realize some will want to arrive on Friday, and some will arrive earlier and/or stay later.

Our rally rate is $58.50/night and you can extend that rate for a couple of days before, after or both. The park has a 10/9.5/10 Good Sam rating. For reservations, call the park at (904) 824-3574 and ask for Barbara. Others can take your information and deposit, but Barbara is our coordinator.

We booked site 16, and Barbara has placed us near the clubhouse, pool and front entrance. First come, first served for reservations. If you wait until August to make your reservation, you risk being placed farther away from the group. They take a deposit equal to the first night, then balance at check in. Please post or PM me that you are in!

There is a great trolley system in St Augustine, and a shuttle will take you from the campground office to the trolley starting point in the morning and bring you back in the afternoon! Discounted passes available at the campground, are good for 3 days. Best of all, you avoid the hassle and expense of parking.

Details on the Friday evening potluck and Saturday’s agenda will follow later. Like our previous rallies, there is no entertainment or meals provided, but there are no rally fees, either. Come and find out if that “Fountain of Youth” thing is real or just a cruel hoax!

We have camped at Compass RV Resort twice...Nice park....The front part of the Park is the older part with gravel pads but still decent...The back part is New with Very nice brick pads...... There is also a Dollar General store right in front of the campground if you find you forgot something.....
Old 05-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
This is the kind of park that gives PassportAmerica a black eye. It's only valid there for August and September, but not the Labor Day holiday weekend.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
One small correction: all reserved folks will get a call for the balance a week before the event.

No, your PA won't work there at that time. Good Sam will, but our rally rate is lower. Personally, PA has never worked for where and when we tried to use it.

The rate we are getting is a bargain so close to St Augustine and the coast. The KOA there was higher and has no clubhouse.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #9

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
We are booked on site #17 from the 2nd to the 6th, looking foreward to seeing St Augustine and everyone at the rally.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #10

Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1
THOR #14393
Tom and Connie Petersen are booked and will be there. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #11

Model: Magellan
THOR #6001
June and I will be there. Arriving Tuesday the 1st and leaving Monday the 7th. Site 20
bruce1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:44 AM   #12

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
Got our reservation booked today. Looking forward to meeting you all.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #13

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegdrum5050 View Post
Debbie and I will be there!
Sorry Jerry no Halloween candy this year we leave Sept 21st for a 5 week cruise in Europe

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #14

Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1
THOR #14393
I replaced my couch in my Vegas 24.1 with a double recliner. If anyone attending would like these 2 back cushions, let me know and I'll bring to the Rally. I tossed out the rest of the couch. If no one wants them, I'll toss these also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NHHCuAa+Tn+1iMSy4VPllA.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	17760  
Old 05-30-2019, 07:27 PM   #15

THOR #4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Sorry Jerry no Halloween candy this year we leave Sept 21st for a 5 week cruise in Europe
That’s why I always make the fall trip!! Sorry you won’t be there but have a wonderful trip. Jer
Old 05-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #16

THOR #15383
Paul and Betty Byrnes from Cape Coral will be. Newer rivers, 8 months.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #17

Model: Four Winds 24HL
State: Georgia
THOR #11024
See you there.

Looks like Ann and I will make the trip. We should get there late afternoon on Thursday will head back Monday or Tuesday.

Looking forward to it. Thanks Mr. Sunshine.

2018 Four Winds 24 HL Sprinter Chassis
Cats = 2 (Max and Nellie) + Dog (Fiona) = Happy family.
Mred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #18

State: South Carolina
THOR #13982
Is it worth taking the toad, is it needed or the shuttle take you pretty much anywhere? Thanks Eddie
Old 05-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #19

THOR #15383
Having been there before, the shuttles are pretty inclusive, takes u about anywhere u want to go.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:00 PM   #20

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkjr View Post
Is it worth taking the toad, is it needed or the shuttle take you pretty much anywhere? Thanks Eddie

The shuttle takes you from the campground to the old jail where you catch the trolley to see the sights around town.. I believe there is 21 stops on the trolley where you can hop off and on all day long....make sure to make your way back to the jail to get the shuttle back to the campground...You sign up for the shuttle the day before going into town...If I remember correctly the last shuttle back to the campground is 6PM??????