Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #10772
Thousand trails

I have a friend who doesn't use their Thousand Trails anymore and she wants to give it to me. Her husband thinks it has to go back to TT first then I would have to buy it from TT. I thought it just gets transferred to me with the appropriate transfer fees. Any thoughts?

Old 09-08-2018, 12:29 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Delaware
THOR #12773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeteacher View Post
I have a friend who doesn't use their Thousand Trails anymore and she wants to give it to me. Her husband thinks it has to go back to TT first then I would have to buy it from TT. I thought it just gets transferred to me with the appropriate transfer fees. Any thoughts?
We just activated ours yesterday, first year was paid buy the dealer. When we registered there was no mention of a transfer. So I will go out on a limb and say yes it must go back to TT and you would have to register under your name. Under FQ there is nothing about transfers if you mention your friend they do however get a 100.00 credit
Old 09-08-2018, 12:43 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Yes it can be transfered
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:17 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Yes, it can be transferred and there is a fee.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #5

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
I checked into them and asked TT about how they set up available TT sites. Most parks only make available up to 10% of the sites. I suspect they book up very early so unless your doing early planning and booking I don't see this as much use. is that the experience from those with this?
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #6

THOR #11781
We use TT 2 or 3 times a year for a couple of weeks for each stay. They are like any other campground, better than some worse than others. For us, they are destinations not overnight stops. The entire campground is available to members. Our problem with TT is in the 20 years we have belonged the condition of the 'preserves' has deteriorated. What little improvements they have done is mostly in rental cabins and upgrading electrical services.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #7

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
We use TT 2 or 3 times a year for a couple of weeks for each stay. They are like any other campground, better than some worse than others. For us, they are destinations not overnight stops. The entire campground is available to members. Our problem with TT is in the 20 years we have belonged the condition of the 'preserves' has deteriorated. What little improvements they have done is mostly in rental cabins and upgrading electrical services.
I'm not sure that is correct. I called TT and they told me that most campgrounds allocate up to 10 percent of their availability. Now may TT owned CG do but not their network of CG's. At least that is what I'm thinking.

I do agree if your doing three weeks stints then this is worthwhile but if your traveling and just want to do 2/3 days in route to somewhere then I'm not to sure.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:37 AM   #8

THOR #11781
If you look on the TT website you will see the parent company, ELS, owns a number of campground membership companies. TT being just one of them.
ELS also owns destination campgrounds in the sun belt. If you are a member of TT you have access to this network of destination campgrounds. However, you have exclusive access to the campgrounds labeled as TT and they are not limited to any 10% thing. I can log on to my account and make a reservation at any TT labeled campground in the US. They do not cut members off at 10% occupancy. I have been a TT member for over 20 years so I have 1st hand knowledge and experience of how it works. I have ever been turned away. I have two pending reservations with them now, one for next week and one for November. I am not saying TT is the best thing out there and knowing what I know now, I would never have paid for a lifetime membership. But that being said, a free TT membership is definitely worth the transfer fee they charge.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #9

THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
If you look on the TT website you will see the parent company, ELS, owns a number of campground membership companies. TT being just one of them.
ELS also owns destination campgrounds in the sun belt. If you are a member of TT you have access to this network of destination campgrounds. However, you have exclusive access to the campgrounds labeled as TT and they are not limited to any 10% thing. I can log on to my account and make a reservation at any TT labeled campground in the US. They do not cut members off at 10% occupancy. I have been a TT member for over 20 years so I have 1st hand knowledge and experience of how it works. I have ever been turned away. I have two pending reservations with them now, one for next week and one for November. I am not saying TT is the best thing out there and knowing what I know now, I would never have paid for a lifetime membership. But that being said, a free TT membership is definitely worth the transfer fee they charge.
Thank you. Their service personnel who answer the phone should better explain.