Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2018, 01:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #11143
water pump not pumping

just drained my water tank, in my '16 Vegas 25.4, water was being pumped out the hot water tank...…, etc...., but then when the water reached a low level, it stopped. I put more in the tank, but the pump no longer pushed it through....., so the pump sounds like its trying to work, but needs to be primed..... not sure how to do this,...…..???

Old 10-20-2018, 02:43 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
Put more water in the tank, Open a faucet or two, then turn on your pump. You will get some air and eventually solid stream of water. The reason I said to add more water is on my rig after emptying the tank It takes between 5 and 10 gallons before it will prime the pump.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:58 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Perhaps the filter screen is cloged. Or you need more water and run the pump longer to prime??

Or are you trying to winterize it by removing all of the water? You never will get 100% out of the fresh water tank. Do the best you can, open the drain and park at diff angles for a few days. Then suck up the RV antifreeze with the water pump via hose attachment next to fresh water tank.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 AM   #4

State: Virginia
THOR #11143
water pump not pumping

Thanks folks. I will try these suggestions and let you know.....