Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I forgot to update everyone on the MobilEye after the pain issue popped up.....

While I did not get to do the test drive as planned after they discovered the paint issue, they did tell me it was great timing with the respect to the MobilEye issue.

Thor and MobilEye had been trying to determine the problem with the system and that just happened about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Since then Thor has been sending new coaches with MobilEye that just came off the line to the Service Center to be fixed properly while they change the MobilEye installation process during manufacturing. They have already fixed several coaches before being sent to dealers so they knew exactly what to do to fix MobilEye on my coach.

I'll take it for a test drive when I get back up there to pick it up in a couple weeks to make sure it is good to go.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I forgot to update everyone on the MobilEye after the pain issue popped up.....

While I did not get to do the test drive as planned after they discovered the paint issue, they did tell me it was great timing with the respect to the MobilEye issue.

Thor and MobilEye had been trying to determine the problem with the system and that just happened about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Since then Thor has been sending new coaches with MobilEye that just came off the line to the Service Center to be fixed properly while they change the MobilEye installation process during manufacturing. They have already fixed several coaches before being sent to dealers so they knew exactly what to do to fix MobilEye on my coach.

I'll take it for a test drive when I get back up there to pick it up in a couple weeks to make sure it is good to go.
So was the fix for yours as simple as relocating the camera/sensor like it was for mine?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #23

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
So was the fix for yours as simple as relocating the camera/sensor like it was for mine?

That was basically the fix except they don't move it to the bottom of the windshield.

It turns out there were two issues the way it was being installed....

1) The camera / sensor position was off-center when the actual module was centered on the windshield. The camera was actually left of center and explains why oncoming traffic on the two lane road was creating havoc with it.

2) The other issue is that at the top center of the windshield there is that black reflective portion and that was partially covering the camera.

They end up moving the entire module to the right so the camera is centered and then down slightly so the camera can see through the clear portion of the windshield.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:43 PM   #24

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm thankful for this really thought-through review of the factory repair facility.
Based on your review and that of others here I'll make the drive (and stay) if any major coach things need taken care of(new roof, slide, outside panel damage...
Old 11-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #25

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'm thankful for this really thought-through review of the factory repair facility.
Based on your review and that of others here I'll make the drive (and stay) if any major coach things need taken care of(new roof, slide, outside panel damage...
I know it would be a haul for you if you are coming from Arizona but they are truly a great group of people to work with. They are very friendly and helpful and they want to do the right thing for the customer.

Some of the problems people have are tough ones. I met two people that had to come back for reoccurring problems but the Thor Service Team was committed to getting the problem fixed and fixed right for them.

There is one other HUGE advantage. The parts they need are right next door. I would think that 90-95% of the parts they would need are in stock so they can easily get what they need to make the repair.

What was even more impressive was they didn't have to point out the body work / bad paint repair they discovered and their desire to get it fixed properly for me. This issue was fairly hidden by the awning when it was closed and I wouldn't have seen the extent of it until I got up on a ladder to wax the coach. That would have been next spring and I doubt anyone would have believed me if I told them it had to be like this from day one if I pointed it out 6 months after I purchased the coach.

They saw the issue.... pointed it out to me and had a plan to get it back to factory condition. What more could you ask for with that level of customer service?
Old 11-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Being damaged in-transit: was also my thought...
But at this point: it doesn't matter a whole lot. The important thing is that it's going to be fixed properly this time.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #27

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Being damaged in-transit: was also my thought...
But at this point: it doesn't matter a whole lot. The important thing is that it's going to be fixed properly this time.
You are correct Bob and it is what it is at this point..... but I do have two theories now based on the Service Manager saying they have no record of it being damaged and repaired.

The coach had an odometer reading of over 800 miles when I bought it. The dealer was only ~300 miles from Thor.

Theory 1 - I am going to guess the coach was used at a couple of RV shows (that would explain 2X the mileage of a one-way drive from Thor). Perhaps it got damaged at a show and someone tried to do a quick and dirty touch-up of the damage.

Theory 2 - The other possibility explaining the higher mileage is that the coach was originally delivered to a different General RV dealership and then transferred to Canton's stock later and it got damaged and repaired before it got to my dealer.

In any case I am confident Thor can get it back to a factory finish and I'll be good to go.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I have a question about the MobilEye system...
After reading your descriptions of it in here: I think that our Sprinter has a very similar (If not the exact same) system.
It gives alerts for lane departures, and for distance to whatever you have in front of you in traffic...
Since I park up against a set of garage doors: it's always yelling at me! )
Does MobilEye do anything else? Mine seems to be limited to just these two types of warnings...
Old 11-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #29

THOR #12751
Quote:
I have a question about the MobilEye system...
After reading your descriptions of it in here: I think that our Sprinter has a very similar (If not the exact same) system.
It gives alerts for lane departures, and for distance to whatever you have in front of you in traffic...
Since I park up against a set of garage doors: it's always yelling at me! )
Does MobilEye do anything else? Mine seems to be limited to just these two types of warnings...
There are a standard features and a few optional features.

The standard features are lane departure warning.... forward collision warning.... pedestrian warning........ vehicle proximity warning.

The optional features are things like..... turning off high beams in oncoming traffic.... turn signal reminder.... over the speed limit by so many MPH.

This guide does a good job of explaining all the features....

http://www.c2sec.com.sg/Files/UserManualMobileye6.pdf
Old 11-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #30

Model: 2019 Freedom Elite 30FE
THOR #16600
Glad things seem to be working out!

How did you come to be able to have warrantee work done by Thor? I have been very happy with Camping World Kingston, my dealer and they told me all warrantee work is done by them. I need to have a few minor things taken care of, certainly nothing I would make the trip to Thor for. Could I have called Thor and had them do the work instead of Camping World?
Old 11-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post

How did you come to be able to have warrantee work done by Thor? I have been very happy with Camping World Kingston, my dealer and they told me all warrantee work is done by them. I need to have a few minor things taken care of, certainly nothing I would make the trip to Thor for. Could I have called Thor and had them do the work instead of Camping World?
Yes: Just call Thor's customer service line and ask to make an appointment at Wakarusa (Factory Service). Or e-mail them: I setup my appointment with them all by e-mail.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #32

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post

I called Thor Customer Service and told them I wanted the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa to do my warranty work. They then record the items that need to be addressed and start looking at the schedule. They will give you an estimate of the date and then a Customer Care Advisor from the Service Center will contact you with the exact date and information for your visit.

I am sure Camping World (or any other dealer) will tell you they handle all of the warranty work. They get paid by Thor to do it once Thor approves the work.... but they only get paid for the amount of time Thor thinks it should take.

One thing about the Thor Service Center, they are not worried about how much it costs or how long it takes to address an issue. They will do what is right and best for the customer.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #33
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
There are a standard features and a few optional features.

The standard features are lane departure warning.... forward collision warning.... pedestrian warning........ vehicle proximity warning.

The optional features are things like..... turning off high beams in oncoming traffic.... turn signal reminder.... over the speed limit by so many MPH.

This guide does a good job of explaining all the features....

http://www.c2sec.com.sg/Files/UserManualMobileye6.pdf
Thanks for the link, and the explanation!
It's a pretty "feature-rich" addition!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #34
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Thanks for the link, and the explanation!
It's a pretty "feature-rich" addition!
The Mobile eye version installed on my Accolade included speed limit notification and warning standard. It displays a speed limit sign whenever the limit changes because it actually reads the sign.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:48 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
The GPS in my RV will display speed limits...
It changes the display to Red: if I exceed it!
Old 11-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #36

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The Mobile eye version installed on my Accolade included speed limit notification and warning standard. It displays a speed limit sign whenever the limit changes because it actually reads the sign.

Mine has that option as well.....
Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Wink

[QUOTE=Judge;210814]So I just heard back from General RV in Canton, OH.

Before I go into his response.... let me say I try to always be fair with people because I would like people to be fair with me. If I complain about something I still try to acknowledge the positives as well. While I may not be happy with some things at General RV I will say the Service Manager there has been extremely responsive and positive in his communications and very professional."

Let me echo that, our service coordinators and manager were good, but you get tired of taking it back and following up with them as they are too busy to follow up with you. In the end up you either fix things your self or find another avenue, like Thor in Indiana.

We are very happy we took our "Dreamcatcher" to Thor Service in Wakarusa. They did what they said they would and more (remounted our awning as it had pulled away from its mount in the wind) in a professional and very timely manner. Hats off to them and all the folks at Thor that we have had the pleasure of connecting with.

PS) We saw your rig there Judge, the Florida plates were a dead giveaway. Best of Luck to you and sure your repairs will be more than satisfactory
Old 11-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #38

THOR #12751
Quote:

PS) We saw your rig there Judge, the Florida plates were a dead giveaway. Best of Luck to you and sure your repairs will be more than satisfactory

Well..... we split time between Florida and PA. I have a FL license and my wife has a PA. After 9/11 you can only have one ID and register vehicles in the state of your license.

We ended up registering the Magnitude in PA because the insurance is cheaper (no hurricane coverage). I'm in the process of building a pole building for the Magnitude in PA so we can store it there when we are in FL. I hate keeping it in FL because the summer sun and heat is brutal on everything. Not the PA winters are any better but having it stored and out of sun, rain, wind, snow and ice should protect it.

And I just found out that the dealer is transporting the Theater Seats to Wakarusa this week on their parts run so the Thor Service Center will have them and be able to install them before I go back to pick it up after the paint work is done.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #39

THOR #12751
Well..... I am getting great customer service all the way around now.

The service manager at the dealer was able to get the Theater Seats to Wakarusa yesterday. My contact at the Thor Service Center emailed me to to let me know he had them in their possession.

They also sent my coach to the body shop. They are going to start on the paint Monday. They are targeting to have everything done on or around the 18th.

I'll let you know when I get back up there to check out all the work that was done and bring it back home.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
It sure sounds as if it's all coming together for you...