Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Well...... made a little progress today on one of my remaining issues on my 2020 Magnitude SV34.

When I got back from Wakarusa I e-mailed MobilEye to see if they could help with my issue. Thor thought they fixed it by moving the camera / sensor unit. On my way home it was throwing a error message and was still erratic.

I was just about to contact MobilEye again because it has been 4 weeks and I had not gotten a response. Then last night I got an e-mail back from MobilEye who got me connected to the company Thor works with on the MobilEye system in Elkhart.

I was immediately contacted by a Technical Advisor via e-mail who said he would call me today to discuss the issue and how to fix it. He called me today, was very nice and helpful and immediately knew what the issues were.

He said there were two issues.... the first was the location of where the camera / sensor unit was mounted. Thor did correct that issue during my visit to the Service Center n Wakarusa.

The second issue was the angle of the camera. The good news is he told me he was going to send me a procedure via e-mail to adjust the camera angle properly while the unit was still mounted on the windshield. Then after adjusting the camera angle I needed to re-calibrate the unit.

Within 5 minutes of hanging up with him the procedure was in the e-mail and they were relatively simple to follow. As I went through the procedure I could see the camera was pointed more towards the overhead cabover housing than the road and was off quite a bit from where the instructions said it should be.

I made the adjustment and reassembled the unit. Now I need to wait for the roads to clear a bit so I can take it out onto the highway and run through the calibration procedure.

I'll keep you posted on whether this solves my issue but now that at I am learning how the system works, I feel like this should get it working the way it was designed.