Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.2
State: Ohio
THOR #3818
Hidden water system valve Vegas 24.2

Today was sanitizing the water system day for our new 2015 Thor Vegas 24.2. The system had never been sanitized and the freshwater tank had never been filled as this was a new Motor Coach. The Vegas 24.2 does not have a bedroom and the kitchen and shower/bathroom are located at the back of the coach. So I dutifully filled the freshwater tank with water and the appropriate amount of bleach, turned on the water pump and no flow. I pulled the inspection panels' and found the water pump under the lavatory sink/cabinet. The pump worked and pulled water from the winterizing hose but no water from the tank. Could not find another closed valve anywhere. Checked all the usual places. Finally called Thor and discussed with one of the techs and he sent me a schematic of the water system for the 24.2. No valve identified. After re-inspecting the coach I called Thor again and Tim said there had to be a valve between the winterizing hose/water pump and the freshwater tank otherwise the antifreeze would go into the freshwater tank. Traced the hose back from the pump as far as I could and no valve. Could not see the attachment of the freshwater tank outlet hose but knew it had to go underneath the shower. Low and behold there was another access panel that I had not seen and I had never heard mentioned in the Thor handbook or in the forums. This was a small vertical panel 8x9" on the vertical wall of the platform supporting the shower. Removed the panel and there was the valve on the cold water line that goes from the freshwater tank under the shower and around the corner to the water pump under the sink cabinet. Opened this valve and the system now worked as the water pump had water to pump. Finished sanitizing the system and closed all the panels. Attached is a schematic of the system and the orange/yellow arrow points to the position of the valve in question. It is always an adventure when attempting even the simplest of tasks isn't it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Vegas 24.2 Water Schematic(1).jpg
Views:	1785
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1830  

Old 04-22-2016, 12:36 AM   #2

State: Colorado
THOR #3845
Thank you

Saved me the same process.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:46 AM   #3

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
I converted all my water access panels from screws to magnets. Makes access ultra quick and easy. For my tank panel I used clear plastic with small magnetic panel cutout to access the drain valve. Seeing the water level out there while I'm filling the tank is so convenient.