Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:32 AM   #9
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
It seems to me that the dopes who design these machines do not camp. They could not possibly have a clue how RVers actually use and live in the coaches they produce. Why, in Gods name, would you put the antenna booster way in back in the top cabinet, where it cannot be seen or activated without a stepstool? I had several RVs some pretty old, that had the booster located right next to the co-ax plug where the TV was located. How ingenious! The exterior AC outlets are mounted so that you must get on your knees to see which way to plug in cords. The water tank fill is on the curb side for some inexplicable reason. I am going to plumb a tank filler at the tank with a T and a valve, so I can just flip the valve from the inside to fill the tank. I cut that big panel in half over the tank and water pump and put it on a piano hinge to make this extra space more accessible. I also built a shelf over the water pipes for extra storage. There is no place to store the sewer hose, so I decided to go with a macerator that stores in its own box. Thor was unable to send the correct tire valve extenders, so the factory rep authorized me to get them fixed myself, and send The bill to Thor. Its only taken 6 months to get to this point, but I will take whatever solution I can get. The fellow I have been in contact with several times has, in fairness been as helpful as he could be considering the company he has to work for. I don't know at this point if we will keep the Vegas. It is a shame, because we do like the way it handles, the decent gas mileage and the general comfort of this coach. My wife wants to trade for an Airstream. Although, Airstream is now owned by Thor, it seems Airstream quality is still their forte. My brother has one and loves it. One reason to keep the Vegas is the fact we spent several thousand dollars getting our PT Cruiser convertible towable, with the tranny pump, brake system and Blue Ox system. It is something to think about. Most of the issues I have experienced are the same as other Vegas/Axis owners. But a few I have not had the pleasure of yet, but I am waiting for them. The warranty is now expired, so I hope all the bonehead issues have been corrected.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum