Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Steering stabilizer Ford E450 2017 Vegas 25.2

The Ford E450 chassis is delivered with a steering damper (shock absorber). Does it include a RTC (return to center) spring (I don't think so).

Popular upgrades are the Roadmaster RTC ($150 + $90 mount) and the Safe-T-Plus RTC ($500).

I drove my new Vegas 25.2 from Wisconsin to California (2200 miles) this last November and was hard pressed to keep it within the lane marker and the warning vibration generating slots on HWY 80. I was continually hitting the vibration slots because of my driving and the width of the rear tire system.

I am assuming the the factory stabilizer is just that and not a RTC unit at all. The Roadmaster RSSC obviously has the spring that helps the steering return to the center position and I assume that the Safe-T-Plus also has the spring located within the product. The actual shock absorber sections look to be of a similar size on both RTC units and I actually prefer seeing the very large return spring on the outside of the Roadmaster unit because they can make that spring as large as necessary to perform it's function.

Has anyone 1) experienced the improvement of the RTC products over the Ford OEM stabilizer and 2) has anyone compared the two competing RTC products?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum