Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
schreinertms

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I don't know who you talked to at Lippert, but that is incorrect on so many levels. Adding more batteries in parallel will not increase voltage, except under heavy current draw; but you get the low voltage "condition" with no current draw.

Also, the "low voltage condition" is normally cleared when you start the coach and the alternator kicks the voltage up over 12.8 volts. The coach is supposed to be running when you use the leveling system.

You should have no lights on the Lippert control panel when traveling down the road; it is supposed to be off.
I don't recall who I spoke with at Lippert, one of their techs. As per the instructions on how to use the levelers, I always have the engine running when operating the jacks but regardless, low voltage indicator present which will not allow auto mode. The only way around this for me is to either plug the coach into shore power or run the gen while the engine is running. All the connections have been verified secure, house and coach batteries test good. The leveler system is off while driving.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum