Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
My Atwood furnace problems

I have a 2016 Synergy that started having problems with the Atwood furnace. First off, this model has the solid exterior panel so there is no louver problem there and second, the rig is stored outdoors and the driver's side is facing northwest and broadside to blowing rain/snow. My first discovery was when I kept hearing a repetitive clicking sound in the blower compartment. I could remove the cover and operate the OFF-RESET rocker switch and the clicking would stop for a while.

We just had a major rain event the past few days, and today the same clicking noise started again. I pulled the cover and this time I looked everything over and found water under the control board and a little puddle under the exhaust port. The Red LED on the board blinked in unison with the clicking sound, and there is corrosion all over the board itself. It's obvious that water intrusion is the problem but there are no cracks on the cover so how is water/rain entering? I'll get a new board but does anyone have any advice on where to look and how to fix this? Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_150017.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	9001
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum