Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 04:17 AM   #15
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev&Peg View Post
Hey folks
I’m starting to plan our trip for late August from Nashville to Mount Rushmore. Is there any highways besides the interstates? I’m planning on 3 days drive time one way and 5 days at the campground. I’ve mapped it out and know I’ll have to drive some of the interstates. Really would like to get around St. Louis and Kansas City. Maybe route 36? I70 is bad with traffic from what I’ve heard. And the wife wants to drive the Rv which she has never done!
We have been to that area of South Dakota, etc. several times. If you wanted to take a bit more time traveling...you could come across the corner of Arkansas into, Missouri then west to Springfiled...a nice drive...then up to KC on interestate...from KC....you can take I70 out to Salina, then north into Nebraska or I29 to Omaha then west to wherever you want to head north...you have a few options to cut across Nebraska...some decent 2 lane...no fantastic scenery..but will get you there.
If you want to go through Badlands enroute to Rapid City..you can do that too.
Enjoy !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum