Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #10
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
For the first time I will be pulling a Jeep Liberty behind our Hurricane 35C. Needless to say a little bit nervous. Any warnings or guidance from experienced RVers. Concerned how it acts in tight turns and any suggestions on fueling up MH. I understand I can't back up so what to look for entering a fuel station, etc. thanks !
The only I can add is make yourself a checklist and stick to it, put on there the hookup procedure, such as, safety chains, breakaway cable, etc, etc. On my Jeep Wrangler, I have to put it in gear but the transfer case in neutral. Check the hookup procedure with your hitch and brake manufacturer and towing procedures for your Liberty. Other than that, you will never know it is there. I also turn on the rear camera so I can see if it is still there and watch for things like smoke from flat tires or suck brakes. When I stop I check the temps of all tires and hubs with an infrared thermometer. Things will always get hot but a significant variance is not normal. I find tires on sun side run a few degrees higher and the inside tires seem higher also. Good luck and safe travels.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum