Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #23
gator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druff View Post
Florida has no state income tax, that means those of us that come down there in the winter are the ones supporting the states economy through the high sales tax. If it wasn't for all the outside money pouring into the state you would have much higher taxes.
I was stating a fact as to why our RV parks are booked solid throughout the year. Our sales tax isn't any higher than anywhere else in the country and we pay the same sales tax all year long. There is no question the impact that tourism has on Florida although tourism and temporary residency may be viewed as 2 different things. We have met terrific people from many different States on our camping excursions that we would not have met otherwise. My statement wasn't intended to offend or show any disrespect. I'm sure your next set of reservations for next winter will be just as challenging.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum