Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #7
TheWaymans

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #2045
First trip out was pretty interesting... Disney's Fort Wilderness, which is not really roughing it, but a good place to try and test everything. As such, we found a few things... but knock on wood nothing that I wouldn't expect. It's been back once, and needs another return trip (some parts were ordered). So far...

- Piece of outside moulding came loose.
- Main Door was sticking.
- Dead pixel in rear TV (funny they told me I need to turn the antennae - lol - a picture of the bright, red dead pixel changed that).
- Few interior pieces of trim needed glued down/or needed replaced.
- Cable TV splitter was jacked inside some how, would never turn the booster off.

Most of it was stuffed missed during PDI (even things we specifically pointed out, but when we walked out of finance, everyone had gone home). The biggest deal was with an issue that came out of them showing us a 2015, then a 2016 and doing the "we can get you the 2016 for a 2015 price." They did, but interestingly the units did not have the same features. The dealership made mostly good on that, splitting the missing items at their cost.

At the end of the day, still came in under a 2015 unit sale price... but, one of the items, tank heaters, were installed afterwords. First they mounted them below the fridge, then I pointed to the panel(which had switched prewired). So they then moved the aftermarket switches up to right below that panel. Third time should do the trick I guess... which we'll have the remaining items fixed then. I'm also making an appointment for alignment now that we have it pretty well loaded down.

The biggest shock was of course dumping the tanks. When I removed the cap, and water poured out, I about panicked. I hope that doesn't happen every time.

Next trip out is father's day, and then out to OK and west Texas for a summer trip. I'll keep everyone posted!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum