Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #19
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Wrapping it up

Just closing the loop on this thread... had a mobile tech come out today. Bullseye RV Repair, out of Glendale, AZ. I would recommend him to anyone.

He removed the torn hose, took it to a local hydraulic supply store (~ 20 miles from me) where they cut a hose to length and crimped on the compression fittings. Seems there are two types of fittings commonly used, my coach’s LCI uses both. The one that had to be replaced was, of course, the one he can’t crimp himself.

Came back same day, installed the new line, purged the system (a great thing I learned today, my Lippert system is self purging, just lower and raise the jacks a few times and it removes any air in the lines!) and tested. He also tied up the line and the adjacent line so they won’t continue to rub on the frame. He confirmed that was the cause. He added 1 quart of fluid and it’s ready to go.

Total cost, just under $200. I will send the hose and the invoice to Thor Customer Care, and they will reimburse me. All in all, other than missing the weekend camping trip we had planned over Memorial Weekend, it was not all that painful.

Mike
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum