Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2016 Thor Ace
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #7
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Hi Walt!
Welcome to the forum! We have a 2017 and have 26K miles on it now. Unlike Bob, the front end on our uint has been kind of a problem that we have not had anyone (dealer/s) been able to help until recently. Had the front aligned, did the CHF and installed a Safe-t-Plus shock. All was somewhat fine except the steering wheel wasn't centered, which was driving me crazy! The drivers side would bang on rough roads too. I finely found a Ford dealer that works on heavy chassis and had them check everything. What they found was the king pin on the drivers side shot causing the banging noise. Replaced both king pins and did a alignment. Centered (as best they could) steering wheel. Now to drives really nice! No pushing from 18 wheelers. I have also installed some vortex generators to the trailing edge of the coach (Airtabs) and now even in cross winds, I'm not fighting it down the road. BTW, the kingpin work was under warranty.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum