Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 04:04 AM   #20
Tupelo Kid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
THOR #9143
Beware.
If your CW dealer is like mine, they will tell you if YOU do anything work related to the unit it will void the warranty.
I need a simple headlight wiring "plug" installed and that's what they told me in August of 2017 when we took delivery of the 2018 ACE unit.
At delivery, I noticed the driver side headlight was not working. They looked at it and discovered the plug was bad so they cut it off and straight wired the wires together. Sure that fixed the problem but.. I asked why is the plug there in the first place? (Yes, I knew) I was told should I ever need to remove the headlight assembly the wire could be unplugged and not "cut". Sharp guys right??

So I said, that's right and I want a new plug installed. Of course they didn't have one in stock and ordered it. Every few weeks I would call about it and NO, not here yet.
When I said I can go down the street to any auto parts store and pick up a plug and put it on in 5 mins.
That's when they said it would void my warranty if I did.
So I played the game and waited.

And guess what, it is finally here. Almost a full year later.
The headlight wiring plug?
NO, the entire wiring harness for the left side of the coach. WOW!!!!
All I need is the plug. I asked them can you just cut the plug off the harness and splice it to mine??? They said, sure, we can do that. OH LAWD!!!!

There you have it. My CW and Thor warranty story.
A number of items have needed to be replaced and worked on but this takes the cake. A year wait for a wiring plug and I get a full wiring harness.
Well, they tell me it's a full harness in a BIG box.
Probably just the plug wrapped in a ton of paper.

It goes in this coming Tuesday for the plug instl. Along with new wiper seals (top and bottom) of the slide and the big bulb seal at the top where the slide meets the inside wall.
God help me if anything else is needed since I've waited most of my year warranty period for this.

News and film at 11 folks. Hang on for update Tuesday evening. LOL

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum