Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #23
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Your first "mod" should be an alignment regardless of anything else you do. Especially now that you have a few miles on it.
Just throwing my 2 cent in, I had our 17 Challenger 37TB front end alligned, and it made a world of difference in the wandering, loose feel of the steering. It went from constantly working the steering wheel to keep it centered in my lane , to tracking straight down the center of the lane, hands off.
Still want to do the Cheap. Handling. Fix (CHF). I still want to add a Steering Stabilizer
for safety during a Blow Out if for no other reason.
I have found around the 65 MPH range is where our Challenger performs best, but your coach will have it's own "Sweet Spot" .
Dont get discouraged, heck the first night in our Challenger the bedroom slide wouldn't extend, then the next leg of our trip the wipers only worked on low, and the Battery Compartment Door skin separated, and folded back !
We were hoping to be able to take my mother in law on some short trips, and set up in a campground near her home, so she could come spend a couple of nights with us. Long story short, my wife had to take her home after the first night, as she said I think I just need to be home in my bed. Your mom may have been stressing, and having arthritis myself, I know that can cause it to flare up !
Try a short trip close to home, if you can, see if she does better.
Glad your dog made it. Check out the mods some have done adding a curtain behind the driver, passenger seat to help keep the cab cooler.
Hope things get better! At least your doors didn't blow off !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum