Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #27
hpiersma

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Illinois
THOR #6402
Axis Camera

I've had my Axis in for service twice to fix the backup camera going out. They even put a new radio in. Apparently, the connection on the back of the camera is a very small connection that looses contact. Bad design. Ironically, this radio/backup monitor was one of the features that drove me to purchase the Thor Axis.

So... I decided to purchase a 7" LCD monitor on eBay. I connected the monitor to the cables running into the splitter box in the compartment above the steering wheel on the dashboard. Once I figured out which wires to use (positive ignition, ground, and reverse), I had it working in about 10 minutes. So now, my radio is just for radio and my backup camera, including side cameras are on the new monitor. It's larger and brighter. I wish I had done this earlier.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum