Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #9
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm not sure I buy into the theory that just because the 'Volts' level for the batteries drops to 11.8 that it somehow effects the Inverter's 120v output. The Inverter is receiving 12v output from the batteries, period.

And, the assumption that only 'pure' sine wave Inverters are somehow capable of handling a residential fridge is bunk. Our modified sine wave Magnum ME-2012 has worked flawlessly for over 4 years, powering our Whirlpool 120v fridge with no issues, and everything else, whether the batteries are fully charged, or are getting close to the LBCO setting of 11.0 to 11.5. The inverter output is the same, only the battery levels change.

To me, this sounds more like a problem with the FRIDGE itself, not the power supply. I would say a weak capacitor, or a problem with the compressor itself.

Anyone telling you that somehow you 'can't' or 'shouldn't' use the AGS to crank the generator is simply another 'tell' that they don't know that much about it's usage and how these systems work. The AGS would have nothing at all to do with whether your fridge is 'working' properly, or not, and only operates to crank the generator, nothing more.

try a test for the AGS: move it's Volts setting to 12.5, change the LBCO setting to 11.0, or even lower. Turn the fridge ON, or if already on, turn it's temp setting to it's Lowest setting(cause it to immediately kick on the compressor)... now wait.

The AGS should crank the generator after the Volts fall below 12.5, though it may take it a minute or two under that number before it happens, depending on your type of inverter. IF the Volts continue to fall before the AGS kicks on the generator, they should not fall far enough, or long enough, that the LBCO setting kicks off the inverter, before the generator starts.

I'm giving suggestions from my experience with my Magnum Inverter and ME-RC remote display... yours may be different with your system.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum