Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 03:00 AM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Jamie, I usually judge the rear compartment's size as if I was going to load a couple of bikes, or better yet a tandem, and none of the Axis/Vegas even come close. On the 24.1 model the generator on the driver's side limits storage height at that end, and the drawers between the beds stick into the storage space effectively limiting larger items from being loaded. I've thought that if I bought a 24.1 I would eliminate those drawers to open up the outside storage. While I understand most people may want a night table-like arrangement, I'd prefer a bigger Mega Storage compartment.

The last unit I rented from Cruise America had a much larger compartment under the bed. Not as large or as tall as on many European motorhomes that have a small garage under the beds but large nonetheless. I'd guess close to 4-ft front to back, about 3-ft tall, and 8-ft across the motorhome. It was probably close to 100 cubic feet.

I think Thor may have built the Class C I rented from Cruise America, although I'm not sure. I also found it interesting that the overall height of the Class C was lower than an Axis/Vegas, yet they found enough height under the bed for such a large compartment.

On other Thor motorhomes I've seen taller rear compartments that I like even better than on my rental. If they are going to build it, it should be tall enough for most bikes minus the front wheel. By the way, the rear door on this Cruise America I would eliminate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum