Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
Check for RECALLS ON WIPERS. I know there are recall for wipers on some Thor coaches. Also submit a report to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as this is a definite Safety Concern !
The wipers on our 17 Challenger 37 TB would only run on S L O W, and then only you rotated the lever switch back and forth to find the Right spot! Thor authorized me to take it to a local Camping World even though our warranty was expired. The tech fixed them in about 20 mins. The wireing plug was plugged into the Motor BACKWARDS! He changed it like it was supposed to be and they've worked great since, also our front power shade has stopped LOOSING it's programing, which it did regularly. My theory on that is they were both on the same relay, or cricut and the backwards wipers, would send a glitch that made it loose programing.
Check for RECALLS !
Well our wipers work fine (has all the speeds plus Intm.) its the design and sweep of the arms (Poor design - cant beleive the GOV allows this). They are not at the correct angle to clear the windshield in front of the driver.

I moved my up some but its still not anywhere near what most people would call normal. I have to sit with my head cocked to the center of the RV to see straight out the window. And that leaves me a big blind spot to my left. Very unsafe - I try to avoid rain when possible.

I have seen some autos that have a lever on the wiper arm on the DS that made the blade straighen out at full extention which would extend the DS sweep another 3 or 4 inches at the top of the blade to cover 99% of the windsheild on the DS.

IMO this is what my Axis need.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum