Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 06:09 AM   #49
Thor29.3inAZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
The flush that I built was specific to move waste away from the bottom of the toilet. On the Ace the toilet sits over the most shallow part of the tank on the taper and it doesnt have enough slope to slide away, sometimes a lot of water will move it by dumping down the toilet but then you end up filling the black tank way too soon. As far as flushing the tank itself it does nothing. A solution I considered using was drilling a hole in the end of the tank that would be big enough to get my power wash wand through and sized to be able to plug it with one of those rubber tapered plugs with a nut and bolt to squeeze them tight. Then whenever you wanted to flush the tank just pop the plug out. Sensors are a real pain but this would fix that I believe as long as you have a good angle to hit the sensors.
Not sure what year your 29.3 is but on our 2017 the bathroom sink is connected to the black tank. If need be you can fill the sink up and then release it and it will push everything away from the toilet. With the factory installed black water flush, we have had no issues with the sensors either. On another note, where did you install the WD? And lastly, we were looking at adding a additional A/C unit too. It is factory wired already for the A/C, through the rear air vent. You remove the air vent and install the A/C unit there. The wires are hidden in the roof there. But when I started looking at the duct work, I found that the ducts had gaps and ran the entire length of the coach. So I dammed up the vents at the last reg. That cut around 18" to 2' from the A/C having to push air where it just backs up. Now even in 100'F weather it keeps the coach in the low 80's high 70's. The A/C main duct was not sealed either so sealed it up correctly also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum