Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #66
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Well how's the Roo, I'm looking at the cricket vs roo, need a report please.
I'm a Cricket owner and after looking at the Roo pictures, it seems like the Roo is a little more substantially built; hardtop roof, roof supporting beams are bent, the rear seat is higher and maybe a little wider. On the Cricket side, it seems like the Cricket is more modular in that practically everything on the Cricket is designed to come apart with hand power only. I believe there are only 4 bolts that can't be done. The Cricket speed is designed to be about 13 mph so that's about the same. The Cricket range is about 20 miles with new fully charged batteries, 1 small person and ideal (no hills, flat paved asphalt) and minimal speed. Personally, I would never take it again over 5 miles away and then only on a full charge. The second half of the battery charge indicator goes much faster the first half. The charge time is also pretty slow on the Cricket. If going around an RV park, a full charge will last all day with no problems whatsoever. However, we use it at the Florida state parks because the Cricket meets all the handicap requirement of a "mobility device". The concept is where ever a pedestrian can go, the Cricket can go. I'm not sure if the Roo meets the requirements, but if you search mobility devices or something similar, you can fairly easily find something regarding exact specifications. As far as durability of the Cricket, I have ridden mine hard (down some of the trails perhaps I shouldn't have) and put it away wet and it is holding up fairly well. Overall, I give very high marks to my Cricket and it is only 300 pounds and does compress easily about a foot in the middle to shorten the length when needed. Price with nice platform, all extras, taxes, etc. was about $5,000 total brand new.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!! -- If you are going to put either the Roo or the Cricket, have your receiver beefed up at your local reputable receiver person.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum