Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
A few years ago, I did a test with the Vegas sitting in the driveway of my house. I had a batwing std. ant. with a wingman attached. I could pick up a max of 12 chann's without rotating to pick up other chann's. I then installed a Wingard Rayzar which bolts onto the same arm as the batwing IIRC and picked up 19 chann's. YMMV.

It does get some intermittent interference at night sometimes. Not sure if it is someone in the campground using a ham radio or other powerful trans. I think I ran across a deal on the Rayzar and thought it would be worth a try since it was advertised as being able to pick up from both sides. Not sure if that is so or not. It does pick up more chann's than before without have to rotate it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum