Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #11
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
ditto that...Thanks for your service.

... and you're the one that should write a book! Pretty much all I read is biographies a memoirs. It started for me after hearing Chuck Yeager and Bud Anderson give a talk. Bought their books and loved it.... better than a Tom Clancy movie and it was real. Used to focus on WW2 and aviation stuff (I'm a private pilot & huge aviation buff), but have since read all sorts...from submarines to jungles. Have a read a few dust off and air cav stories, both old and new. Gives me a lot of respect for what you did....and I'm always looking for more books like them.
Wow, I always wanted to pilot (helos, though). Before I got hurt I couldn't decide on whether to apply for warrant at Ft Rucker for helicopters or Ft Sam for the PA (physicians assistant) school. I ended up sitting for both exams, passed, but then didn't havta make up my mind bc my career came to an end after an injury, not all of a sudden, but w/a whimper, 1st gettin transferred to active reserve, doin man days trainin an evac hosp's pre-basics, & then shoved into the fishbowl (inactive)...so much for dreams of flight (or should I say flights of fancy?). I miss the old huey iroquois (much more than blackhawks), they had so much heart. I miss hangin off the skids enjoyin the rush of wind instead bein strapped to a damn bench inside a blackhawk. I'm still interested in PA school but my leg would probably no go me from a private piloting license, rotor or fixed wing (not to mention cost!). I admire those like you who've gone out & done it, especially as a civvie all on your own recourse (& resources!), w/no one pushin you thru & payin your way - that, to me, is amazing!!! Do you have any pix of you & your bird?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum