Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Grills
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #58
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
So Weber added a zero the the model runs, is that to justify a higher price?

I have a Weber Q-200, have had it a long time, been through 3 regulators and finally gave up. Regs were replaced under warranty but the output is barely adequate. The single burner leaves a little bit to be desired, but to get two burners you really jump in size.

I like they way the lids are on the Webers, they keep as much heat in as possible. Most other grills out there big or small have large openings in the back.

For the most part the weber cooks evenly. The weber left uncovered in the rain will allow water into the drip pan, overflowing. The drip pans get holes fairly easy, don't know why.

Can be used table top or with two variations of folding stands.

I have since removed the Weber regulator and replaced it with a propane quick connect. I use an adjustable regulator to get the highest flow without it blowing itself out. Also use 12 foot propane hose and an extension as needed.

A buddy gave me a Coleman Roadtrip and all the accessories, griddles etc.
After a year it was pretty nasty looking with rust.

FYI - the Weber Q-200 grate fits really well on a truck rim fire ring. And if you drop it, most likely it will break and they are about $65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
I have the Blackstone 17” griddle. Easy to set up, clean and store. I cook 85% of our meals on it. https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/p...e-top-griddle/
My camping buddy uses the double Blackstone a lot, he really likes. And when not using that he is using one of those Traeger smoker grills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I think the 1200 model would be the model. It is $30 more then the 1000 model. But you get the two folding side tables and a temp gauge. I also believe that the lid is a little taller for larger. My big concern about the Weber is the grates. I worry about the porcelain coating breaking down. It happened on a larger grill that I had.
Isn't the 1200 bigger then the 1000?
Are the newer Weber coming with porcelain coated grates? mine is just cast iron.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum