Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #23
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Another dead chassis battery here.
Went to start the engine today and got nothing, no clicks, no lights, nothing. Tried the emergency start switch and still didn’t even get a solenoid click.
Put a voltmeter on the battery and it read 2.52v. Put my charger on the battery and after two hours it still read 2.52v. Then I realized that all the running lights were on, illuminated by the charger. The running lights normally stay on a few seconds after locking the doors, but my guess is since there was no power to lock the doors or trip the light relay, they just stayed on.
I’ve now removed the battery and will leave the charger on it over night. If it’s still not charged I guess a trip to Autozone will be next.
I like others who have posted to this thread thought that the chassis battery was kept charged while on shore power like the coach battery is.
I put a voltmeter on the + and - cables for the chassis battery after the battery was removed and it read .2v, so I guess there is no charging via shore power.
My guess is the battery has gone bad, but if it didn’t, I’m at a loss to figure out why it discharged to 2.52v in such a short time.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum