Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #11
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
If I could change one thing, it's the fuel delivery system. In 2017 Ford eliminated the dash switch that allowed you to manually switch from either fuel tank. Gauges are digital and the engine runs off the front tank only (28 gallons). As it uses fuel, the rear tank (40 gallons) automatically transfers fuel to the front tank. The front tank never drops below 3/4 full. This results over a 300-400 mile run with the rear tank close to empty. The generator runs off the rear tank only and cuts out when it gets down to 5 or so gallons. I always have to refuel before stopping for the night to make sure I have generator fuel in case of a default with shore power, the plan is boondocking for a few days or any other issue. Both tanks have auxiliary ports on them. The dealership said the can run another fuel line from the front tank and install a two-way valve allowing me to use fuel for generator from either tank. So far it hasn't been a real problem but some day I can see having nearly 35+ gallons of fuel on board and not being able to run generator.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum