Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I experienced the same symptoms in my '14 Palazzo back in 2018... and while it worked perfectly for the first 4 years, it would start to suddenly 'shut off' when the fridge's compressor kicked on.

After a lot of research and trial and error in thinking that it 'must' be something with the inverter, or some or in-line device, like a relay or solenoid, it was simply a battery cell going bad.
I purchased a small cheap 'specific gravity' bulb tester, and found that one of my four 6v batteries had two cells that were too low.

These low cells were causing the whole battery bank to suddenly drop too low when the fridge's compressor kicked on, making the Inverter think that it had lost it's 12v power from the batteries, causing it to immediately shut down. No alerts, nothing.

After removing the suspect battery, draining it, refilling it with distilled water, running it thru several charging cycles, draining it again, and refilling it with battery fluid(found easily at the auto parts store), and running it thru several more full charging cycles, it was again back to it's 'old self'. I reinstalled it and now have no more 'shut offs' from the Inverter : )

It's a battery thing.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum