Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
pmbreaux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J Windsport
State: Louisiana
THOR #15123
New (& Old) Mods for my 34J

My upgrades started when I bought the MH, before even taking it home. After test drive, had the dealer install Safety Plus Stabilizer. Upon returning home from Baton Rouge, about a 70 mile trip, including good section of I10, We agreed we needed the assistance of Sumo Springs.

After our first trip, we confirmed the issues with sway, and interstate traffic. We never did the CHF, just went straight to Sumo. After install, that MH handles 200% better. A local approach ramp to Hwy, I could take it at about 8-10 mph...after Sumo install, 25 - 30 mph...No over steer corrections while in turn... A lot better ride also, especially on Interstate Highways.

Now, we had to address some issues that occurred while driving and getting setup at camp. The wife being 5'2", couldn't reach the floor in front seat, so we got a Office Footrest, adjustable. No all is good w her...

Did some research on tuning the Ford V10, and decided on the 5 star. After install, noticed a tremendous difference in Rollout when taking off, throttle response and definitely shift points at peak Torque for the V10. Climbing Interstate overpasses with no downshifting showed increase in torque alone. Haven't checked fuel mileage yet, but seems to have improved overall.

After reading the forum for the last three days, I will start the sound deadening process and insulating the doghouse...

NOW...my pet peeve is keeping the MH clean, and always had issues with grease splatter when cooking. So, a trip to Amazon for a few things to remedy that problem. Two (2) suction cups w straps and a 3 x 6 Vinyl Banner for a backsplash did the trick...

Now time for insulation and heat issues with the doghouse. Been searching that for a couple days and seems to have everything I need on Amazon...

Mo Money !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	17140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuner.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	17142  

Name:	Backsplash 3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	17143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsplash 4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	17144  

Name:	backsplash 1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	17145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsplash 2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	17146  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum