Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Under the slide
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
Chuck and Mary Ann

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAndLindaRogers View Post
I agree the bag is too big but that is just part of the problem. The flat rubber seals almost always hung up and didn’t seal properly, especially in cool weather. After opening the slide I had to check them and usually I had to close the gaps manually. After replacing seals twice under warranty I told my dealer that, as long as I was physically closing the gaps anyway, I was removing the flat rubber seals and the bag and filling the opening with styrofoam. The styrofoam is attached to the bottom of the slide with Velcro. Removing the styrofoam before closing the slide is now part of our pre-trip checklist.

The swiveling elbow is going to require maintenance so you’re drain pipe fix may be better in the long run.
Great idea, thanks for the information and telling me what was up there. I was trying to figure it out and found the bag when I took of a panel in the bedroom closet to add a light to the washer/dryer area (wife didn't like it after asking for it, so took it back out) saw the nylon bag with hose and electric in it (as well as seeing outside) and wondered what it was for - went outside under the slide and found the seals damaged and not sealing to well. will have to look into the styrofoam solution. I'll bet if you for get it, the pipes will be severely damaged when you pull the slide in. Good idea on the orange armed tag.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum