Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
So I am not an AC expert by any stretch and I don’t know your Diesel coach systems either, but sometimes dated information for various RV systems stays “relatively similar” over the years.....or at least can provide some basic clues to what your dash AC controls “might also” do.
The compressor clutch control pressure switch monitors both for high and low pressure conditions I believe.....so if you are in the normal range for your system pressure that is good. You say there is no voltage on the wire from the dash controls calling for the AC clutch to operate.......so I wonder if there is some other safety device like an ambient air temp sensor in series with the pressure sensor to prevent the clutch from operating with too low a temp outside. Since it is certainly warm enough outside now, perhaps the temp sensor (if equipped) has failed open? The other source of the clutch control voltage should be the dash AC/temp controls I would think; and of course fusing of some kind. I don’t know the fusing for your coach so I don’t know if there is one fuse for the clutch or not. If the blower motor works then maybe checking for voltage on the AC; MAX AC control switch on the dash would be a next step?
I am attaching a link to an “old” 2005 Winnabago RV dash AC/Heater control document that could be totally useless......however it may give a few clues to help move the yard sticks down the field for your trouble. If my link works, scroll down a bit to the rotary dash control schematic (this shows both electric and vacuum controls). I noted on the older push button dash controls section, that they show a temp sensor in series with the pressure switch. I hope there is some helpful info that can be applied to resolving your problem. When we don’t have current schematics for our coaches we have to be detectives sometimes.

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/s...g%20&%20AC.pdf

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum