Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
drzoomin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #15465
Man, I just typed a whole response, but somehow it got deleted, darn....

Blaring: It was just a loud fan. The door next to the bathroom was open and it is not far away from sleeping head when that happens. It was the first thing I heard when I woke up in the morning was that fan, so it 'felt' louder than it was. No screeching or metal on metal or anything like, just regular fan noise. I did misspeak above: The fan in the bathroom stays on if the heat on the thermostat is on. That fan in the bathroom does not turn off, only when I turn the thermostat to the off position (or cool position as well).

Just to clarify sequence of events: Turned on the heat for the first time. RV heated up in minutes. Plugged the RV into shore power, turned down the heat on the thermostat, and then went to bed. Woke to the fan noise in the bathroom. The furnace has produced no heat since that initial start.

I did visually check the sail switch. Looks intact and functional, no dirt on it whatsoever, like at all. It was spotless. I forgot about checking the switches with a voltmeter. I read about that and will do that later today and post if the switches are bad.

How does one check for limited airflow? When I turn on the heat initially, there is signifiant airflow coming out of the ducts. On the outside, I feel air coming out of the furnace vent. It "seems" as though airflow is not restricted.

Sadly, my Coach did not come with user manuals, so I cannot check anything like that with a manual...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum