Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 01:32 AM   #15
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye7756 View Post
There is a control unit and major cable connect under the step that is prone to fail do to water intrusion. The design is poor. The location is terrible. All the road spray from the right front wheel is jetted right onto this sensitive electrical component. Mine needed to be replaced after only about 1,000 miles on the coach. So far the new one seems to be better sealed than the original.

Thor ACE 20.3
Also the bloody cotter pin is very flimsy & rusts out in ice treated roads. I've had two disintegrate so far & this time it caused the step to deploy while moving. It caused it to bend enough to make it no longer capable of fully retracting. I finally got it into cw for a 3rd repair/replacement of that stupid cotter pin & this time was told that only the cotter pin itself is warranty covered that I was responsible for the damage its disintegration caused - they want nearly $400 to replace the step! I'm a very unhappy camper right now...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum