Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #12
Quint

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: Massachusetts
THOR #16115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Under the ďEtc.Ē topic Iíll share a few thoughts and or questions not associated with cost which is normally what most people end up discussing.

Thatís a lot of motorhome for an E-450 chassis. If youíre looking to be out for months at a time, itís likely youíll want to pack more stuff than for a week or two. At that size and with full-wall slide, I would require four-corner weights to confirm it can be loaded in a practical way. Having cargo carrying capacity may not be good enough the way they design and build some rigs.

E-Series have less front wheel cut angle, and with such long wheelbase itís going to take the proverbial country mile to turn. With a similar wheelbase Ford E-450 I tried a U-Turn once with a medium plus 4 lanes of traffic and had to back up some to complete the turn. Fortunately I did not have a toad, but if you plan to, backing up wonít be an option.

Regarding size of cab, I agree with you that itís not much of an issues unless it happens to bother you. I like E-Series except for lack of foot space and would buy another. I only wish for a smaller engine doghouse. It would be nice if Ford addresses that with 2021 E-Series.

Lastly, I agree with comment above about renting first. Itís expensive but the best way to really know if itís a good fit or whether thereís a good chance youíll be happy. I rented larger Class Cs that convinced me that Iíd rather own small and rent large as needed.

Chance, thanks for your feedback I will definately look into GVWR versus actual of rig as shown, good point.

As far as pulling a u-turn, Not something I'm that concerned with. I have a 35' 5th wheel and there is no way to pull a u-turn with that either. I've been in a few situations where I've needed to turn around and you just have to drive until you find a parking lot somewhere. I imagine it's the same way with a class A.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.