Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, the problem is I don't know what old coaches used in 1993 for battery control. I suspect it would have used a basic high current continuous duty relay with a switch on the dash or near the door that controlled it (turns on to allow converter to charge the batteries). You might have to see if some of the folks with older coaches comment on the forum to assist you.

I am attaching a basic generic 12vdc battery schematic for a more modern coach......it shows your two 6 volt batteries wired in series as well as some more modern devices (latching relay and emergency start relay) used to control batteries. It shows just the main DC portions; no 120vAC is shown. It may help you visualize the potential connections, but your coach is likely different. Also I don't know what your electrical experience is around batteries, but be very careful as they can vaporize a metal finger ring or watch band in seconds with severe burns resulting if you are not careful when wiring/using them. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6v Basic Generic  Battery Schematic.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	19355  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum