Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar or not?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I installed solar a couple months ago on my Outlaw 29H since it was pre-wired for solar. Now I never even worry about plugging in at home anymore to keep the house batteries... or the chassis battery charged (I installed a Trik-L-Start battery maintainer that uses the house batteries to keep the chassis battery charged).

I went a more expensive route than most. I installed two Renogy 160W flexible panels. They only weight 5lbs each and I used Eternabond tape to secure them to the roof. I also went with the Renogy Rover MPPT Controller that has an Equalization mode that removed sulfur build-up from the battery plates. I was going to replace the stock WFCO charger with a Progressive model but now with this Solar Controller I will leave the stock charger installed until it does and needs replaced.

Renogy has 50W and 100W flexible panels that are less expensive. One of those panels might be enough just to maintain your batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum