Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 02:11 AM   #33
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Metelman- you are right on the fact the longer you drive it the more accustomed you become. My fist trip was picking it up in Texas, driving to Arkansas, back to Texas for dealer fix up and then to Vegas. It handled poorly and we hit the side of a big storm with heavy winds, could not drive over 50 mph. The whole trip had to keep both hands on the wheel. After the alignment, which was way off it was better, but after the CHF and track bar it was great. I can cruise any speed, big gusts are barley noticeable. I am probably more picky for handling and vibration then others as it was a job I had at one time fixing cars with these problems. But my wife drove it and she was in terror. I drive it now, sometimes stop at a gas station and it is very windy outside, I think hmm, did not realize that.. and the speed you travel vs the speed of the semi whizzing by has an influence on the push... so being able to drive 65 and they pass you at 70-75 is much better then driving 50 and they pass 75. On crappy road I ride slower, but they semi no problems. I do think the CHF gives a little stiffer ride, and I pumped my tires to 95psi from the recommended 82psi. I did gain 1 MPG and I think more stability. Part of the thought is the extreme heat I drive in, tires don't do well so more air =cooler running tires.
I do think your trailer acts as a trac bar to a degree, and the wagging is part of the issue of these big boxes. If your tires look good and the rig handles well your alignment probably ok, my Rf tire was visibly worn on the inside edge after 3000 miles, along with awful handling, could not let go of the wheel.
happy trails!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum